Chicago, IL, February 04, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Building green isn’t a new idea for Verdigris Group – a premier developer of sustainably designed, aesthetically beautiful and energy- efficient properties headquartered in Chicago.
Launched as a carbon neutral company in 2007, Verdigris Group’s real estate development activities follow suit with the rest of their operations—Green Building Consulting / LEED® Certification Management & Support, Sustainable Enterprise Management Consulting, and The World’s First Carbon Neutral Real Estate Brokerage™ - so it’s not surprising that they are throwing today's home-building status quo to the wind by developing properties that are setting a new standard for sustainable living.
On track to break ground in April of 2009, one of their current project—Mesa Verde Townhomes is about as green as they get: US Green Building Council LEED® Platinum certified modular townhomes – now that’s a mouthful. Let’s break it down to see what that means exactly:
· On track to achieve the U.S. Green Building Council’s coveted LEED® Platinum Certification (LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and represents the highest level of certification under the USGBC’s green building rating system, known in the industry as the gold standard of green building / environmentally sensitive construction).
· Also designed to achieve the highly-respected Energy Star for Homes Certification (High-efficiency HVAC systems and high-efficiency lighting and appliances all of which are E-Star rated).
· Over 2100 square feet of living space including 3 bedrooms & 2 ½ bathrooms with an inspired design including a master suite with walk-out roof-top gardens
· Renewable energy systems included—photovoltaic energy production on-site
· Green roofs (vegetated roof systems with plant-life native to the environmental surroundings)
· High-efficiency (Low-e) windows
· No-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) paint, carpeting and adhesives throughout the homes
· On demand, tankless hot water heating systems
· Forest Stewardship Council certified, sustainable tropical woods
· Recycled glass countertops, and the list goes on…
For the first three phases of the Mesa Verde Townhomes development, Verdigris Group has chosen a market-place that they have found stands alone in the current real estate cycle—maintaining strong property sales and positive appreciation rates amidst a nation-wide housing crisis—Grand Junction, Colorado.
Nestled on the Western Slope of the Rocky Mountains, in an area rich with oil shale and natural gas which has brought population growth and economic stability, Grand Junction has been well-insulated from the tumultuous results of rampant real estate speculation and loose lending practices. “Staying ahead of the curve is a critical element in real estate development - this project offers an incredible opportunity to develop unique, leading-edge green homes in this beautiful high-dessert locale—modern, healthy, highly-efficient and affordable homes for families to grow and thrive in” said Garratt Hasenstab, project developer and green building expert.
Verdigris Group’s development team includes Attorney Greg Jordan, who is overseeing general project management responsibilities including financing, land acquisitions and brokerage. Jordan's partner, Garratt Hasenstab, MBA, LEED AP is overseeing the project’s land development and is managing the LEED design and construction process for Platinum Certification. The project architect, Ms. Ann Alspaugh, has a highly-developed expertise in green modular design. Verdigris Group’s builder-partner is All American Homes, who has gained significant recognition as the builder of the Smart Home: Green + Wired exhibit currently on display at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. One visit to this exhibit in Chicago and you’ll have a good idea of what Verdigris Group is setting out to accomplish—elevating the status quo of sustainability in the home building industry.
For more information:
Call: (800) 805-2830