Springfield, MO, May 01, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- On Sunday, May 18, 2008 the Free Wheelchair Mission’s Walk for Mobility Event at the Jones YMCA location on Republic Road in Springfield will begin at 2:00 pm. The Free Wheelchair Mission Event will include both a walk to raise funds to give the gift of mobility and the presentation of the “Ability through Mobility Award.
Walk for Mobility
All proceeds from the event go to give the gift of mobility. The goal of the walk is to fund one container of wheelchairs that will then be delivered to charities such as Convoy of Hope who then distribute them to those in need through out the world.
Free Wheelchair Mission Honors Locals Who Make a Difference with Ability through Mobility Award.
Nominations are being accepted now.
Free Wheelchair Mission is accepting nominations for the “Ability through Mobility” Award now. All nominations need to be received by May 7, 2008. The award will be presented following the walk at the event on Sunday, May 18, 2008.
Ability through Mobility Award Nomination Guideline:
• The award is for persons who have been confined at least partially to a wheelchair, but have not allowed that challenge to stop them from making the world a better place.
• Include name and contact information for the person nominated.
• Include name and contact information for the person/group submitting.
• Include summary of what the person has done to improve the life of another/community.
• Participants can sign up and get more information online at www.freewheelchairmission.org then click “events” in top menu, then click “Springfield May 16-19” on the left menu or go directly to: www.freewheelchairmission.org/mim/springfield.html
• Participants can also sign up and get more information offline at Jones YMCA.
• All teams/individuals receive their own page online with a “goal / progress” meter that allows them to see their progress and receive donations.
Schedule of Events
• 2:00 pm Sign-in and Funds-tally Begins
• 3:00 pm Free Wheelchair Mission Event Introduction
• 3:15 pm Walk Begins
• 4:00 pm Walk ends
• 4:10 pm Ability through Mobility Award Presentation