Manchester, United Kingdom, May 14, 2021 --(PR.com
)-- The Small Claims limit for road traffic accident claims is increasing. From 31st May, the limit for small injury claims is increasing from £1,000 to £5,000. This means that the small claims court will now handle road traffic accident claims with an injury value under £5,000 - and claimants will have to pursue their own claim.
The increase in the road traffic accident claim limit is part of a package of reforms announced in the Civil Liability Act 2018. Among the reforms is a new online portal through which all RTA claims will be managed - removing the opportunity for claimants to instruct legal representation.
Why the increase matters
The increased limit now means that more individuals may choose to pursue a claim themselves, using the new online portal. However, as lay Litigants in Person (LIP’s) it could potentially mean an under-settlement. On the contrary, even if a solicitor makes a deduction from the Damages obtained, it could be advantageous for claimants to choose to use a solicitor.
Why you should consider using a solicitor for a small road traffic accident claim
- Solicitors have a deeper understanding of the claims system and what claimants could be entitled to based on their injuries.
- Each personal injury claim is different, and solicitors are best placed to handle the intricacies of each case.
- Solicitors can ensure you are awarded compensation for all injuries you receive - while managing multiple injury claims via the portal could be more difficult.
- The "value" of an injury varies from case to case and a solicitor can advise you how much you could claim.
- They can circumvent any arguments used by insurers to achieve settlement.
Why choose Zen Law solicitors?
Zen Law Solicitors is an innovative law firm, with director of over 20 years’ experience and have been helping people in Manchester get the compensation they deserve after being injured in road traffic accidents. The directors of Zen Law Solicitors, Umran Aziz and Parvez Anwar, are dedicated to providing a first class service to all clients.