Bend, OR, May 12, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- EventMingle today announced it has been selected as the official online social networking application for BookExpo America 2008, May 29-June 1, 2008, at the Los Angles Convention Center, LA, CA. This is the second year EventMingle has been used. BookExpo America (BEA) combines the largest selection of English language titles on the planet with special industry and author events and unparalleled educational content to create a dynamic environment for networking, sourcing and relationship building.
For BookExpo America, EventMingle has created a custom online community for their attendees, speakers, exhibitors and press called My BEA. You can find it on the web at http://www.MyBookExpo.com
My BEA offers participants these features:
• Matching and Collaboration Tools – My BEA will match authors, sellers, publishers, librarians, speakers and exhibitors based on their personal profile and goals for the event. My BEA promotes networking among all participants.
• The Daily Planner – Participants will create a custom Daily Planner consisting of all of the time based activities (meetings, breakout sessions, appointments, etc) and task management (Exhibitors to visit, products to see, people to meet) they can print and take with them to the event. My BEA becomes the attendees’ personal assistant in helping them get organized for the event before leaving for the airport.
• Internal E-mail System – Attendees, speakers and exhibitors will use My BEA's built-in e-mail system to communicate without revealing personal contact information.
• Advanced Search Features - Participants can search for people based on location, title and interests. Attendees also can meet other people who plan to attend a specific conference session or Exhibitor. Exhibitors can connect with attendees interested in their specific products and services, find Speakers who are covering their products and can also identify other Exhibitors who would make a good business partner.
• Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory - Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current news releases and scheduled booth events. Exhibitors also can give attendees the ability to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
• Press Center - Attendees can use the My BEA portal to view all recent news releases from exhibiting companies.
• Message Forums - The message forums allow people to discuss exhibitors, news releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
“We’re delighted to be working with BookExpo America again this year to enable their community of book store owners, educators, librarians, authors, publishers and suppliers to meet and network via My BEA. Last year over 65% of the attendees used My BEA to make over 7,000 introductions resulting in one of our most popular communities to date. We took what we learned from last year and rolled out an update with over 50 new features. Within 15 minutes of My BEA’s launch the message area was already a buzz with new messages demonstrating the how important My BEA has become for this event.” says Jim Harrer, CEO of Specialty Match Network, Inc. “I’m excited to have this opportunity to help all participants meet more people and be better prepared for this spectacular event.”
Lance Fensterman, Event Director for BookExpo America adds: “This is yet another key component of our underlying objective to expand our boundaries. My BEA offers just the type of social interaction that is essential to enhancing the onsite experience. It extends business opportunity while properly defining and focusing who you want to meet. For a show like BEA, which is essentially built on social networking, it is only fitting that we should engage this activity in all possible ways. My BEA is a perfect way of doing that.”
About Reed Exhibitors
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer. In 2007 Reed brought together over six million industry professionals from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held in 38 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, and organized by 39 fully staffed offices.
Reed organizes a wide range of events, including exhibitions, conferences, congresses and meetings. Its portfolio of over 500 events serves 47 industry sectors, including:
Aerospace & aviation, automobiles, building & construction, electronics, energy, engineering, entertainment, environment, food & hospitality, gifts, healthcare, IT, jewellery, life sciences & pharmaceuticals, property, manufacturing, medical education, packaging & converting, printing & visual communication, security, sports & recreation, travel.
Working closely with professional bodies, trade associations and government departments Reed ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to industry needs. As a result, many Reed events are market leaders in their field.
Reed Exhibitions is part of Reed Elsevier Group plc, a FTSE-100 company and world-leading publisher and information provider. In 2006, Reed Elsevier made adjusted profit before taxation of £1,052 million on turnover of £5,398 million.
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior, during and after the event. EventMingle improves networking among all participants while helping participants create an “action plan” prior to leaving for the event. EventMingle was launched in December 2005.
EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Bend, Oregon. See http://www.eventmingle.com for more info.
For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980