Delhi, India, June 09, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- RNCOS has recently added a new Market Research Report titled, "South African Banking Sector Analysis" to its report gallery. The research report provides valuable year on year trend analysis on the growing banking industry, and products and services offered by it. Its a thorough study on the structure of the South African banking industry and gives a detailed analysis of the driving and restraining forces operating in the industry.
The South African banking industry is experiencing significant growth, especially in terms of banking assets. During 2003-2006, asset growth recorded in the South African banking industry was higher than that witnessed in the global banking industry (though it was lower in 2004).
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) plays a considerable role in the development of South Africa’s economy. The number of multinationals with direct investments or employees in South Africa is increasing fast. Additionally, EU accounted for approx 66% of net foreign investment in South Africa in 2003 and 2004, and in 2005, EU’s share in the total assets held by foreigners in South Africa amounted to around 60%.
- The YOY banking industry deposits in South Africa increased by 24.4% in 2006 as compared to a 19.8% YOY hike in 2005.
- During 2002-2006, banking loans grew at a CAGR of 18.03% due to lower interest rate and rising consumer expenditure in South Africa.
- The number of credit card purchases increased at a CAGR of 13.18% between 2002 and 2006.
- Rising disposable income, along with other factors, will drive the South African banking industry deposits to grow at a projected CAGR of 4.8% by 2011.
- During 2007-2011, net interest income of the South African banking industry is expected to surge at a CAGR of 13.19% due to rising interest margins and soaring return on banking investments.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- Market analysis of different product segments in the South African banking industry.
- Evaluation of present and its future market trends.
- Factors pushing the banking industry of South Africa toward growth.
- Analysis of challenges and growth prospects for the industry.
- Competitive landscape of the industry.
This section provides overview and key financials of prominent domestic and foreign players like ABSA Group Limited, Investec Limited, FirstRand Limited, Citibank N.A., Deutsche Bank AG, JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMorgan Chase), State Bank of India, etc.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
Methods used for analyzing the facts and figures given in this report include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.
For more information visit: http://rncos.com/Report/IM080.htm
Current Industry News: http://www.rncos.com/Blog/