New York, NY, June 18, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- FitFiend.com, the fastest growing social networking community catering to the fitness Fiend in all of us, announces their official public beta launch scheduled for June 17th, 2008.
Unlike other fitness communities, FitFiend.com provides a free platform for fitness professionals and fitness enthusiasts to connect with each and explore the world of health and fitness.
Pros can promote themselves and their services. FitFiends can search for workout partners and trainers in their area, get fitness and nutritional tips, watch original fitness programming, read about the latest in workout trends, and more.
“It’s time to give social networking a healthy makeover while getting consumers engaged in a space with other like-minded individuals,” says founder and CEO, Vik Panda. “Our goal is to provide a fully integrated site that adds value to our consumers’ lives, whether they are just beginning on their path to a fitter lifestyle or they are already hardcore fitness fiends.”
Not only does FitFiend.com provide users with the motivation to move forward with their fitness, it also provides fitness professionals with a tool to build their business, and communicate with current and prospective clients. For fitness professionals, FitFiend.com will be the standard for promoting their businesses and personal brands.
“Training celebrities and running my own gym doesn’t always allow me time to do what I love most; connect with the fitness consumer,” says Clay Burwell, founder of High Performance NYC, one of Men’s Journal’s ‘Top 100 Trainers in America,’ and head trainer for Bravo’s Make Me A Supermodel. “FitFiend puts me in direct contact with this community, allowing me to share my expertise, promote events and appearances, and more.”
FitFiend.com Core Features Include:
• An elite panel of fitness and health experts providing users with a free database of workout expertise, and the ability to ask questions directly
• Editorial content covering the latest in fitness trends, products, supplements, news, etc.
• A customizable workout feature that allows users to build comprehensive workouts by posting different exercises.
• An endorsement feature that gives users the chance to give positive feedback to their friends and FitPros
• A physical tracking feature that allows a user to track weight and body measurements
• A calendar and events feature that allows users (consumer and professional) to post event details
• A “Jobs” section for employers to post job listings for trainers and other fitness related providers
• A “Classifieds” section for fitness professionals to advertise themselves, and for consumers to search for activity partners
• And much more
For members who are just starting on their path to a healthier body, looking for a workout partner, searching for training tips or looking for a network of similarly minded fitness fanatics to keep you motivated, FitFiend.com offers a full range of interactive components to keep you on track with your fitness and health goals.