Warren, RI, July 24, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- MarketingSherpa, a research firm publishing Case Studies and Benchmark data for marketing professionals, announced today the release of their 2009 Search Marketing Benchmark Guide. According to this fifth annual edition of the Guide, spending on search marketing is up 30% globally in 2008, which reflects the fact that spending on SEO, PPC, SEM, and on other search marketing tactics represents half of all dollars spent in online marketing. To download a copy of the Guide’s executive summary, go to: http://SearchBMG09PR.MarketingSherpa.com
The 2009 Edition of the Search Marketing Benchmark Guide is the biggest ever, with 1,928 search marketers surveyed and research from more than 50 respected sources. The 255 pages include 170 all-new charts, 45 new tables, 12 eyetracking heatmaps, 6 real-world Case Studies, 15 images and much more.
“With search marketing spending increasing at a double digit pace, we published our 2009 Search Marketing Benchmark Guide in July, earlier than last year so marketers could have it in time to prepare for their next year’s budgets,” said Stefan Tornquist, MarketingSherpa Research Director. “The Guide has relevant data for small, medium and large B-to-B and B-to-C companies. It’s designed to be one-half yardstick with benchmarks and standards for success and one-half inspiration with explorations of what’s working, what’s not and what’s on the horizon.”
The Search Marketing Benchmark Guide has been broken into five major coverage areas:
1. Budgeting and Search. Readers will find out how different types of companies are budgeting for search and see how expense and opportunity intersect in this slowing economy.
2. Tactics of Search. This section demonstrates the increasingly important role that demographics, geo-targeting, local and mobile have on search marketing effectiveness. It also takes a deep look at the relationship between search and brand.
3. Search Providers Explored. Google is still dominant, but it has some serious competition around the world. This section provides in-depth useful information about the top general and vertical search providers, as well as about international search engines.
4. Measuring and Testing. Readers can find out what it takes to get great ROI on their search, even as the price of search goes up.
5. Search Benchmarks. This section provides most up-to-date fundamentals of search marketing, including costs per click, keyword prices, volume and conversion rates.
MarketingSherpa’s 2009 Search Marketing Benchmark Guide has a list price of $397 and can be ordered from the MarketingSherpa web site at http://SearchBMG09PR.MarketingSherpa.com
About MarketingSherpa LLC
MarketingSherpa LLC (http://www.marketingsherpa.com
) is a research firm publishing practical Case Studies and benchmark guides for their 237,000 weekly readers in the marketing profession. Topics covered include practical how-to and exclusive data and proven tactics in business-to-business, ecommerce, email and search marketing; telemarketing; media relations; landing page design; marketing measurement and online subscription marketing. The firm also operates six annual summits attended by thousands of marketers. MarketingSherpa LLC, along with MarketingExperiments and InTouch, is part of the MECLABS Group.