Released Version 3 of PHP Library PhpDocx to Simplify the Dynamic Generation of Word Documents
Madrid, Spain, January 20, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- 2mdc, development company specialized in dynamic generation of reports, announces the release of PHPDocX v3, the latest version of their popular PHP library to generate Word documents in .docx format dynamically from a web server.
New software version is available for download at the project homepage (www.phpdocx.com) in different packages with prices from $99 to $400 US dollars. There is also available a free version fully functional licensed under LGPL (GNU Lesser General Public License).
As in previous releases, all owners of PRO licenses are offered a free update just downloading the new package from the “MyPHPDocX” section of the site.
The software is available in four versions:
- Free: allows dynamic .docx generation with LGPL license.
- Pro ($99): allows dynamic .docx generation with more complex formatting options like macros and other advanced features.
- Pro + ($149): equal to Pro version plus a set of advanced conversion tools to PDF, Doc, RTF and ODT formats.
- Corporate ($399): license valid to a full domain instead of a particular subdomain. Includes Crypto API feature, an encrypted password system to automatically protect documents generated with the library.
Clients in need of extra help may buy technical support through a ticket system which covers installation, specifics requests, minor demands or improvements of the software and even tailor made developments.
There is also available a Digital Signature Package which allows to digitally sign .docx and PDF files. Digital Signature can be purchased for the Corporate version or as a standalone application.
PHPDocX v3 release details
The main changes are summarized as follows:
- The new version handles in a different way the embedding of Word elements within other elements like tables, lists and headers/footers. The majority of methods have now a ‘rawWordML’ option that in combination with the new ‘createWordMLFragment’ allows for the generation of chunks of WordMl code that can be inserted with great flexibility anywhere within the Word document. its is now, for example, trivial to include paragraphs, charts, tables, etcetera in a table cell.
- One may create sophisticated headers and footers with practically no restriction whatsoever by the use of the ‘createWordMLFragment’ method.
- The embedHTML and replaceTemplateVariableByHTML have been improved to include practically all CSS styles and parse floats. It is also possible now to filter the HTML content via XPath expressions and associate different native Word styles to individual CSS classes, ids or HTML tags.
- New chart types have been included: scatter, bubbles, donoughts and the code has been refactor to allow for greater flexibility.
- The addSection method has been extended and improved.
- The addTextBox method has been greatly improved to include many more formatting options.
- The refactored addText method allows for the introduction of line breaks inside a paragraph.
- New addPageNumber method.
- New addDateAndHour method.
- New replaceChartData method that allows for the replacement of chart data values in an existing Word document.
2mdc (http://www.2mdc.com) is a Spanish technology services company with more than 10 years of expertise in designing, deploying and maintaining online applications. Among their more remarkable products are PHPDocX (phpdocx.com) and SpeakingImage (speakingimage.org)
PHPDocX (http://www.phpdocx.com) is a PHP library allowing to generate Word documents dynamically in .docx format from a web server.