The Journey Into Wellbeing TV Series to Air February 19 on PBS Stations Nationwide
Lexington, KY, February 14, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The pilot episode of the national health and wellness series The Journey into Wellbeing, shot entirely in Kentucky, will air February 19. To be carried on PBS stations nationwide, including KET, the one-hour pilot episode will air at 9 p.m. EST on the 19 as well as nine additional times throughout Feb. and March.
The Journey into Wellbeing includes a panel of Bluegrass-based experts alongside natural health explorer and host Debra K, who lived in Kentucky for 20 years. Segments include:
· Bobby Benjamin, Executive Chef, La Coop, Louisville. Chef Benjamin teaches Debra K. to redo traditional recipes in a healthier fashion, including the famous Hot Brown
· Lena D. Edwards, MD, FAARM, Balance Health & Wellness Center, Lexington. Dr. Edwards provides Debra K. with her initial health assessment and offers tips to viewers on beginning their own healthy journey
· Foxhollow Farm, Crestwood. Debra K. learns about bio-dynamic farming and the journey Foxhollow’s leaders have taken to create a profitable organic farm
· Frontier Nursing University, Hyden. In Eastern Kentucky, Debra K. explores a graduate school that educates nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners and has the oldest & largest continually-operating nurse-midwifery education program in the nation
· Molly Galbraith, Fitness Expert, J&M Strength & Conditioning, Lexington. Molly puts Debra K. through her paces and assigns a fitness grade, while offering simple tips for beginning a fitness journey
Working with a Kentucky-based crew to shoot the pilot in October, Debra K. adds, “From redoing traditional recipes in Louisville, organic farming in Oldham County and hiking through spectacular fall foliage at Natural Bridge, the show presents Kentucky’s wellness options in a positive, educational light that encourages viewers to begin their own health journey. I believe every state has hidden gems of well-being and Kentucky was the perfect place to start The Journey.”
Described as one part Rachael Ray, one part Ellen DeGeneres, Debra K. is a former Fortune 250 marketing and sales leader, author of “Success from the Start,” executive director of the Destination Spa Group, and founder of the wellness education company imassage, Inc. “I’m an overworked, pudgy insomniac!” laughs Debra K. “I’m at that point in life where I recognize what I’ve been doing isn’t good enough anymore; I’m sure many of you feel the same. I invite you to join me as we travel and uncover the secrets to living an energetic, vibrant life!”
More details on The Journey into Wellbeing: www.JourneyIntoWellbeing.com and http://reciperedoblog.com.
Facebook at Journey into Wellbeing with Debra K, Twitter @DebrasJourney
KET air dates: http://www.ket.org/tvschedules/episode.php?nola=KJWEL+000000