Altia Announces Graphical User Interface Development Support for Renesas RX600 Microcontrollers
Colorado Springs, CO, February 27, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Altia announces support of a new series of Renesas targets – the Renesas RX600 microcontrollers. Already a proven production pairing for a variety of Renesas products – including the Dx4-H, DR4-3D and SH7268/9, Altia expands its DeepScreen code generator support to include this new low power, low cost chip. To watch a video of Altia’s new target for Renesas RX600 in action, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a download link.
When developing a user interface for a low power processor, it is critical to have a GUI development tool chain that will give you the power to create the best looking, best performing user interface that your hardware will support. Altia’s GUI builder and graphical code generator are perfect for user interface design on the Renesas RX600 – custom graphics with graphics code optimized to take full advantage of the target’s resources.
Altia’s DeepScreen target for the Renesas RX600 is a raster-based solution that includes touch screen support as well as these key features:
• Direct color (16-bit RGB 5-6-5)
• Per pixel alpha blending
• Anti-aliased fonts
• Runtime image clipping – reducing amount of updating to the display while increasing overall system performance
• Image resource compression – keeping ROM footprint as small as possible
• Support for external flash devices (i.e., serial flash, SDCARD, etc.) – includes ability to split resources like fonts, raster images, alpha masks, and designate certain images as near or far
• Data structure packing
• Ability to add and manage hot spot (Stimulus) areas
• Low ROM and RAM overhead
“The user interface is where your customers meet your product – and in any product – it’s important to make that interaction engaging and intuitive,” Jason Williamson, Altia’s Director of Marketing, states. “With Altia’s new target for the Renesas RX600 series microcontrollers, companies can get the best GUI for low power – creating embedded displays that are colorful, easy to use and responsive.”
The Altia DeepScreen target for Renesas RX600 is available today. For more information about Altia’s target for Renesas RX600, visit www.altia.com/rx600 or email email@example.com.