Barcelona, Spain, March 15, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- BaFluendo, the Barcelona-based multimedia software development company and GStreamer expert, today announced the 18th release of their codec pack, now built on GStreamer 1.0.
Fluendo codec pack 18 is currently operational on Fedora 18, Ubuntu 13.04 (available in April 2013), and Open Suse 12.3. More Linux distributions are expected to include support for GStreamer 1.0 in the future.
This codec pack introduces support for GStreamer 1.0 as well as the traditional GStreamer 0.10 support. By installing this codec pack, applications using either version of GStreamer will be able to leverage the provided decoders.
With this action, Fluendo wants to ratify its commitment to the GStreamer project following the new versions and, at the same time, give their customers the guarantee that Fluendo will continue improving their products and supporting GStreamer 0.10.
Besides providing support for GStreamer 1.0, Fluendo Codec Pack 18 also includes the following improvements:
* Hardware accelerated video decoders improvements :
- Fixed some resource leaks with XvBA/AMD drivers which was rendering the decoder unusable.
- Fixed VABuffer releasing on GEN(i965) drivers.
- Implement basic QOS support to skip frames when hardware can’t keep up.
- Renamed the VAAPI wrapper functions so that they don’t conflict with libva names.
- Improvements to MPEG4 decoding.
- Better support for adaptive switching through on the fly codec reconfiguration.
* Windows Media Video decoder improvements :
- Major performance improvement in WMV1/WMV2 decoding.
- Fixed decoding of some VC1 clips.
* ASF demuxer improvements :
- Better support for clips with bogus fourcc values.
- Increase interleaving tolerance to support specific clips reported by customers.
- Some more improvements in HTTP seeking support.
* AAC audio decoders improvements :
- Better support for adaptive streaming with on the fly codec reconfiguration.
* MPEG4 Part2 video decoder improvements :
- Fixed decoding of some specific clips.
* MP3 audio decoder improvements :
- Fixed decoding of some clips and a potential crash.