The American Venous Forum - The Vein Forum Course: A Comprehensive Hands-on Course for Practicing Clinicians
Boston, MA, September 06, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The Vein Forum Course: A Comprehensive Hands-On Course for Practicing Clinicians
The American College of Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. This entire course meets the requirements for Self-Assessment Credit.
The American Venous Forum invites you to attend The Vein Forum Course: A Comprehensive Hands-On Course for Practicing Clinicians on October 11-12, 2013 at the Hyatt Boston Harbor in Boston, MA. The Vein Forum Course is targeted to clinicians in the fields of vascular surgery, interventional radiology, phlebology, interventional cardiology and hematology. The course will be limited to 50 registered attendees in order to provide an outstanding faculty/attendee ratio.
High quality education is the leading principle of the American Venous Forum. The Vein Forum Course will provide clinicians with:
- A unique educational opportunity beyond a basic introduction to venous disease
- Knowledge of how to utilize new technologies such as endovenous therapies and foam to treat varicose veins and venous ulcers
- State-of-the-art lectures by leaders in venous disease
- Understanding of the newer technologies of endovenous ablation, pharmacomechanical thrombectomy and tissue substitutes for venous ulcer care
- Hands-on practice with models
- Tools to improve competence, practice performance and patient outcomes by being more active in the prevention and treatment of DVT/PE
- Proper ultrasound assessment of a patient with venous disease
- Comfort using advanced wound care techniques like synthetic skin substitutes
- How to employ duplex ultrasonography and intra-venous ultrasound in the treatment of CVI and PTS
The course will include eight hands-on workshops to equip attendees with knowledge in:
- Mechanicochemical Ablation
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Compression Bandaging/Wound Treatment
- Hands-On Ultrasound
- Venous Thrombolysis
- IVC Filters
- Intravascular (IVUS)
Harold Welch, MD - Lahey Clinic - Burlington, MA (Course Director)
Steven Elias, MD - Englewood Hospital & Medical Center - Englewood, NJ
Chieh-Min Fan, MD - Brigham and Women's Hospital - Boston, MA
Paul Gagne, MD - Southern Connecticut Vascular Center - Norwalk, CT
Antonios Gasparis, MD - Stony Brook University Medical Center - Stony Brook, NY
Daniel Gorin, MD - Southeastern Surgical Associates - Hyannis, MA
Mark Iafrati, MD - Tufts Medical Center - Boston, MA
Nicos Labropoulos, PhD - Stony Brook University Medical Center - Stony Brook, NY
William Marston, MD - University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, NC
Marc Passman, MD - University of Alabama at Birmingham - Birmingham, AL
Joseph Raffetto, MD - VA Boston Healthcare System - West Roxbury, MA
Julianne Stoughton, MD - Vein Solutions - Stoneham, MA
AVF Member: $500.00
Non AVF Member: $600.00
Please visit www.veinforum.org for the printable Vein Forum brochure. If you are interested or know of other professional clinicians that would like to better serve and advise their patients living with venous disease, then please visit www.veinforum.org for more information and to register online. Seating is limited so you are encouraged to reserve your spot right away.
They look forward to seeing you at the course.
The American Venous Forum (AVF) is dedicated to improving the care of patients with venous and lymphatic disease through education, research and technology. Membership is open to vascular surgeons, physicians and allied health professionals engaged in the care of patients with venous and lymphatic diseases.