Calgary, Canada, October 09, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- TELUS and Stingray Digital are bringing the fun of karaoke right into living rooms with The KARAOKE Channel TV app on Optik TV.
“TELUS Optik TV subscribers can now unleash their inner rocker, pop star or country crooner,” said Greg Goodwin, vice-president, TELUS Home Solutions. “Customers want more out of their TV experience and we are committed to making that happen. The KARAOKE Channel TV App on Optik TV brings your home entertainment to the next level, turning your TV into a cool karaoke machine that will get the party started and provide hours of fun for the whole family.”
All Optik TV customers can access an on-demand library of more than 8,000 high-quality karaoke videos in the style of today's top-charting artists and yesterday's legends. Songs will be added regularly so you you’ll always find new songs to sing. The easy-to-use interface enables you to browse, search and quickly find songs using the TV remote control, while ready-to-sing playlists allow you the convenience of quickly finding songs to sing from pre-selected hit songs categorized by theme! The KARAOKE Channel TV App also features a full-screen mode, and an optional lead vocal track to help you hit those notes.
"As we continue to roll-out our karaoke products and services worldwide, we are pleased to partner with TELUS to release this interactive karaoke application on Optik TV," said Eric Boyko, president and CEO of Stingray Digital, owner of The KARAOKE Channel.
The KARAOKE Channel TV App is free for three months for Optik TV subscribers. Find the app by pressing the “app” or “interactive” button on your Optik TV remote. Alternatively, you can tune to channel 598 or 7507. Find out more at www.telus.com/karaoke.
About Optik TV
TELUS is committed to offering customers great value and choice. Optik TV offers more than 630 channels, including more than 170 in HD.
TELUS customers also enjoy:
· Optik on the go, giving you access to more than 2,000 on demand shows and movies on your smartphone, tablet and laptop, at home and on the move
· Optik Smart Remote, enabling you to use your iPhone, iPad or Android device to manage PVR recordings as well as browse your channel guide and change channels with a tap.
· Remote Record, allowing you to schedule and manage your PVR recordings when you’re away from home with a smartphone, tablet or computer
· Staying social with Facebook and Twitter on Optik TV
· Listening to Galaxie music and radio stations
· Watching renowned TED Talks presentations directly on your TV
· The Weather Network i.TV app helps you keep up with the latest weather conditions
· TumbleBooks TV, allowing you to enjoy interactive storytelling with your children
· Multi-View, where you can watch up to four shows at the same time
· Manage my channels, where you can instantly change your TV programming package right from your TV, adding or removing channels and theme packs
· On-screen call display
TELUS (TSX: T, NYSE: TU) is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $11.2 billion of annual revenue and 13.2 million customer connections, including 7.7 million wireless subscribers, 3.3 million wireline network access lines, 1.4 million Internet subscribers and 743,000 TELUS TV customers. Led since 2000 by President and CEO, Darren Entwistle, TELUS provides a wide range of communications products and services, including wireless, data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, television, entertainment and video.
In support of our philosophy to give where we live, TELUS, our team members and retirees have contributed more than $300 million to charitable and not-for-profit organizations and volunteered 4.8 million hours of service to local communities since 2000. Fourteen TELUS Community Boards lead TELUS’ local philanthropic initiatives. TELUS was honoured to be named the most outstanding philanthropic corporation globally for 2010 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, becoming the first Canadian company to receive this prestigious international recognition.
For more information about TELUS, please visit telus.com.
About The KARAOKE Channel
The KARAOKE Channel, with a library of thousands of professional quality karaoke songs, has been spreading the fun of karaoke on TV as a video on demand service available in more than 55 million homes worldwide, online with The KARAOKE Channel ONLINE community and download store, and as a mobile app for iPhone and iPod touch and Android. For more information, visit www.thekaraokechannel.com.
About Stingray Digital Group:
Stingray Digital is the leading multi-platform music service provider in the world, with more than 75 million subscribers in 71 different countries. Our properties include:
· Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in Canada and in the US (www.galaxie.ca);
· The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet (www.thekaraokechannel.com);
· Music Choice Europe, the leading digital music service on TV in Europe and Africa (www.musicchoiceinternational.com);
· Concert TV, a video-on-demand service distributed to 45 million homes in the US, Canada and Europe (www.concerttv.com);
· Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for business (www.stingray360.com);
· Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other (www.stingray-music.com).
· Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, the company has 200 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles, London, England and Tel Aviv. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.