Austin, TX, December 14, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- SPI Study Abroad is excited to announce a brand-new component of its summer language immersion programs: the chance to become a 2014 Global Ambassador. The Global Ambassador program will allow returning study abroad students to become peer leaders and promoters of study abroad and international education, and will provide them with important professional skills that will greatly benefit them in college, and beyond.
2014 Global Ambassadors will get to:
• Make presentations to their classes about their personal study abroad experience with SPI
• Become peer leaders in the fields of study abroad and international education
• Actively promote study abroad and SPI through blogging and social media
• Be involved with SPI long after their program has ended
• Hone peer mentoring skills by answering questions from enrolled students
• Gain valuable leadership skills such as peer advising, public speaking, event-planning and effective communicating.
The Global Ambassador program goes hand in hand with SPI’s global-leadership based curriculum. One of the main aspects of SPI programs is to foster personal growth through cross-cultural understanding and leadership.
Students will have the chance to apply for the Global Ambassador program as soon as they are enrolled, and details on the program will be sent via email. For other questions concerning the 2014 Global Ambassador program, contact SPI’s Alumni Coordinator, Justine Harrington, at email@example.com
For more information about SPI and for our 2014 summer program details, please visit www.spiabroad.com.
About SPI Study Abroad
Since its inception in 1996, SPI Study Abroad has been offering top-quality Spanish, French, Mandarin and Italian language and culture immersion summer programs exclusively for high school students.