Five Bygone Era Luxuries from the Downton Playbook to Charm Your Hotel Guests in 2014
New York, NY, January 08, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- With millions of Americans riveted by the post-Edwardian era drama of Downton Abbey
, small luxury hotels are raising the bar and making an old world standard of service a staple of their guest experience. A standout among New York City’s travel public relations agencies, Abelow PR offers hotels five bygone era luxuries to make all guests feel like a member of the privileged aristocracy.
“Downton Abbey provides a view into the life of the British aristocracy and their relationships with their servants in the early 20th century,” says Lorraine Abelow, founder and president of Abelow PR. “The US media romanticizes these hierarchical relationships and the bygone luxuries that go along with them. We have seen a clear service ethic emerge in luxury hotels that now aim to offer guests a sense of familiarity and personalization, giving meaning to the term gracious home.”
From 24-Hour Butler Service to Private Chefs, Abelow PR Guides Trend-Setting Boutique Hotel Clients
With over thirty years of industry experience, Ms. Abelow, offers five bygone era services that will distinguish your hotel with aristocratic charm this year.
1. 24-Hour Butler Service – Nothing says luxury quite like a personal, round the clock butler available to fulfill guests’ every need. Opening in March 2014, Casas del XVI, the first luxury hotel in the Dominican Republic offering guests accommodations in restored 16th century mansions, will include butler service in its regular room rates – a rarity in the Caribbean. From pressing clothing and remembering your favorite fresh pressed juice to securing reservations at the area’s top restaurants, your butler will make your travel as seamless and luxurious as possible.
2. Private Chef – Offering unparalleled intimacy, a private chef is the new staple of the world’s most luxurious resorts. Once the private retreat of the heiress to the Ferrari fortune, Esencia Estate’s ultra-exclusive Cottages feature a 24-hour private chef and full chef’s kitchen. From cutting-edge Mexican inspired barbeques on the extensive patio beside your own private pool to small family gatherings, every meal is sure to pamper your palette according to your every preference.
3. Personal Guide – Whether exploring the wild terrain of Honduras’ Pico Bonito National Park, home to The Lodge at Pico Bonito, or the Mayan ruins of Tulum, a well-educated personal guide represents the pinnacle of the touring experience. In favor of group tours, luxury hotels around the world are offering guests access to the most knowledgeable, English speaking guides. Your dedicated guide will answer all your questions and conduct the tour at your pace, customizing the experience to your preferences.
4. Private Lessons – From beachside morning yoga to cooking courses and intimate classes with celebrated local artists, private lessons in a wide array of disciplines are an aristocratic delight. Geared to your individual needs and goals, you will make strides in your practice through one-on-one time with your instructor. Guests are able to focus, internalize the information and often, gain new knowledge that they can continue to enjoy once they return home.
5. Personalized Service – From first-name guest recognition to preparing to accommodate guest preferences, boutique luxury hotels are adopting an elevated level of service straight out of the Downton playbook. From the moment guests arrive at the Riviera Maya’s boutique hotel, Esencia Estate, they are transported to a world of premium service. All staff, from the receptionist and concierge to the restaurant servers and towel boys, refer to guests by their first name. Morning treats, delivered to your private terrace each morning reflect the personal taste of each individual in your party – be it coffee with steamed milk, hot cocoa, herbal tea or French pastries. Even healers at the hotel’s unparalleled organic spa, Aroma, treat guests to complete consultations prior to their scheduled treatments in order to understand their particular ailments and how to best treat them.
There is an internal serenity that comes from familiarity, and it is this sense of homey comfort that luxury hotels must adopt to meet the demands of the growing luxury market this year.
For additional information on Abelow PR visit www.AbelowPR.com
or call 203-226-9247.