Princeton, NJ, January 17, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- GovInfoSecurity announces the publication of its 2014 list of Influencers.
Published by Information Security Media Group (ISMG), GovInfoSecurity's fifth annual list recognizes the leaders who play a critical role in shaping the way governments approach information security and privacy. Influencers were chosen by GovInfoSecurity's team of editors, based on feedback from its board of advisers and other information security thought-leaders.
The Influencers in Government Information Security for 2014 include:
10. Edward Snowden, NSA Whistleblower
9. Adam Sedgewick, Senior Information Technology Policy Adviser, NIST
8. Michael McCaul, Chairman, House Homeland Security Committee
7. Phyllis Schneck, Deputy Undersecretary for Cybersecurity, National Protection and Programs Directorate, DHS
6. Michael Daniel, Special Assistant to the President, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator
5. Mike McConnell, Vice Chairman, Booz Allen Hamilton
4. Tom Carper, Chairman, Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
3. Jeh Johnson, Secretary, DHS
2. Barack Obama, President of the United States
1. The Next Director of the NSA & Commander of Cyber Command
"With the exception of one individual, each of the Influencers has demonstrated the ability to lead and collaborate, characteristics of individuals who have a proven history on getting things done," says Eric Chabrow, Executive Editor of GovInfoSecurity.
To view the Influencers infographic, please visit: http://www.govinfosecurity.com/top-10-influencers-in-government-infosec-a-6379.
Information Security Media Group publishes HealthcareInfoSecurity, BankInfoSecurity, CUInfoSecurity, GovInfoSecurity, InfoRiskToday, DataBreachToday and CareersInfoSecurity. These digital media sites offer news, views, research and education on the top industry, security, regulatory and technology challenges facing information security leaders worldwide. Each site is guided by an advisory board of renowned thought-leaders from business, government and education.
ISMG's suite of educational webinars offers hands-on training by knowledgeable practitioners and is available to individual and corporate subscribers.
ISMG's custom research, including the Healthcare Information Security Today, Faces of Fraud and Cloud Computing Security surveys, is routinely featured at leading industry events, such as the RSA Conference and BAI Payments Connect.