ElitePrep U - Non-Profit Veteran Workforce Integration & Entrepreneurship Training Launches in Hayward, CA
Hayward, CA, January 30, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- ElitePrep U is a veteran-owned non-profit 501c3 organization based in Hayward, California with a mission is to increase Veteran workforce integration through training, mentorships and strategic workshops for Veterans and their families to develop stronger entrepreneurial and managerial mindsets. This is achieved by working directly with and learning directly from successful recruiters, human resource managers, entrepreneurs, business leaders and corporate executives with one-on-one coaching and special project relationships within the corporate and business community.
The "Job Search Boot Camp" will be held on February 10th - 11th, 2014 from 10am - 2pm at the Hayward Veterans Memorial Building at 22327 Main Street, Hayward, CA 94541.
This incredible event for Veterans is an opportunity to network directly with and be mentored by very experienced recruiting professionals that Vets will probably never see at a typical job fair. The so-called, "secret job market" can actually be de-coded, and these are the individuals that are bringing the answers to the tests so that talented Veterans can connected to current and future opportunities.
ElitePrep U's founder, Tony Beaman, is determined to present an alternative to Veterans that impacts individuals through mentoring as opposed to being shuffled through typical job fairs - which has unfortunately the case all too often. “Many Veterans don’t understand the importance of having a LinkedIn profile, for instance, and that is much more crucial than one’s resume,” says Beaman, “I know many people are starving for the right direction, and we’re going to continue to bring the right people front and center for Vets to get the mentorship they need from actual recruiters and staffing professionals.”
The confirmed presenting guests include:
· Darren Hicks – CEO Hicks Consulting (former U.S. Navy SEAL)
· Dan Kolondy – Management Consultant – Accenture
· Paul Diaz – Dir. of Staffing at Valley Emergency Physicians (former U.S. Marine Corps)
· Timothy Eng, PMP - Career Transition Expert for Veterans -West Point Grad
· Sylvia Lan - Vice President, Creative Services at AkrayaCollective
· Kami Ames - Director, Executive Search at Akraya Inc
· Ron Katz, PHR - Human Resources Recruiter at Mizuho OSI
· Lucas Flagler - Executive Talent Acquisition @ Blue Shield of California
· Mike Manoske - Talent Acquisition, Training, Career & Leadership Coach
· Jack Shahin - Talent Strategy - Entefy
· Thomas Fishe - Technical & Military Veteran Recruiter at Hicks Professional Group
For more information on how to register for this event please visit the ELITEPREP U website.