Raleigh, NC, February 05, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- NC Theatre, the region’s premier producer of professional Broadway musicals, is excited to announce that six new members were elected to the nonprofit’s Board of Directors. The newest board members include:
- Shinik Patel is a relationship manager with PNC in commercial banking. He frequently volunteers with PNC Grow Up Great, which focuses on early childhood education, and at Marbles Kids Museum. He is also engaged alum of the Montessori School of Raleigh and the University of Richmond in Richmond, Va.
- Anna Churchill is the owner of Synergy Spa in Raleigh and is an industry consultant and regular contributor to various magazine publications. She is very active in the nonprofit community and is an avid supporter of local performing arts organizations.
- Mary G. Fliellier is the vice president of corporate communications for ABB North America. She also serves on the board of directors for Marbles Kids Museum and is a member of the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce Board of Advisors.
- Veronica Hemmingway is the senior donor engagement officer for the Triangle Community Foundation. She also participates in numerous professional organizations, including the Junior League of Raleigh and the American Society for Public Administration.
- Lawrence Marshall provides IT consulting and solutions for many organizations in the United States and abroad. He has been a supporter and fan of NC Theatre for more than 10 years.
- Melissa Wade-Cutler is the inspirational voice midday from Monday through Friday on Radio One’s The Light 103.9 and is a passionate advocate for communications and the arts.
- Ben Wingrove is executive vice president for Etix and is a seasoned entertainment and software industries professional. His experience outside Etix has included co-owning a music venue, promoting concerts, and running a record label.
The 29-member North Carolina Theatre board of directors is comprised of local residents and business leaders who volunteer their time and talents to raise funds for the theatre. They also work to support the theatre’s vision to preserve the unique American art form of musical theatre, to provide broad access to the arts, and to entertain and engage a diverse audience.
In addition to the six new board members, Mitchell Perry was elected chair, Dan Bryson was elected vice chair/administration and Don Stroud was elected vice chair/development. They join returning board officers and executive committee members Jim Felman, Gail Jordan, Jeff Weatherspoon, Jack Finley, De Ann Jones, Virginia Parker and Bill Roberts.
Other returning board members include Nathan Andrews, Rob Caldwell, Kim Foster, Joanne Fruth, Katie Gailes, Ronald Gentile, Paige Holland Hamp, Greg Hatem, Jeanene Martin, Allen Mask, Candace Covington-Olander, Keith Shannon, and Su Shearin.
The board also paid special thanks to newly elected emeritus board members Tina Bernhardt, Lauren Kennedy, Walter Powell, and Grant Yarber.
"We are excited to welcome these dynamic advocates," said Chair Jeff Weatherspoon. "Their demonstrated passion and commitment for theatre and education will ensure NC Theatre's continued impact in this community."
For tickets to NC Theatre’s productions, visit www.NCTheatre.com or call Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000. Groups of 10 or more, call 919-831-6941 x5204. Coming up this season: Les Miserables, Driving Miss Daisy and Disney’s The Little Mermaid.
New Media Content:
NC Theatre on Facebook:
NC Theatre on Twitter:
NC Theatre Blog:
About North Carolina Theatre:
North Carolina Theatre is Raleigh’s premiere nonprofit regional theatre. NC Theatre was created to strengthen the cultural vitality of the region and cultivate musical theatre appreciation by producing outstanding professional Broadway musicals and developing the next generation of artists through youth training, performance and outreach programs. By preserving the unique American art form of musical theatre, NC Theatre is able to provide broad access to the arts and to entertain and engage diverse audiences. For more information about the theatre, upcoming performance and tickets, please visit http://www.nctheatre.com.