Halifax, Canada, February 27, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- These website/blog tips are for amateurs just getting started, professional bloggers and ghost bloggers alike. They are simple basic blogging tips that can be followed to make a difference in the overall blogging quality and experience.
* Plan a blog carefully before starting.
* Choose a blogging market wisely; choose a niche shows expertise and experience.
* Register a unique and easy to remember domain name for each blog from GoDaddy or NameCheap.
* Signup with some affordable and cheap Web hosting like Hostgator.
* Use WordPress, It’s the best blogging platform with lots of features like free themes and plugins for SEO and Social Media.
* Choose a simple fast loading theme for each blog. Elegant Themes and WooThemes are recommended for their design appeal.
* Learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as it is important that potential viewers find the blog easily on the web.
* Be authentic and don’t copy from anyone else’s website or blog. Always post unique content complete with keywords and anchor text.
* Build a strong Social Presence by adding plugins for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and other social media marketing avenues to any blog to increase visibility.
* Update the blog regularly or followers and fans will be lost. Publish something that the viewers will love and want to share on Facebook.
* Start guest blogging or ghost blogging by writing guest posts on other blogs to increase website traffic, Backlinks and exposure. It’s OK to dream big, but set goals and stick to them until all these steps are achieved.
* Don’t choose topics from other blogs but be original and stick to the chosen niche and personal experiences.
* Build a mailing list to grow a fan base. It is really important. Use LocalFans.net email marketing service (MailChimp), it’s free up to 2000 subscribers.
* Keep posts simple and write for readers and not the search engines. Readers are the ones who can make a blog post go viral.
* Be kind and try to solve the problems of each reader. Provide them with tips and helpful advice. A funny story with video and silly pictures never hurts. Keep it light and funny and the readership blog traffic will grow quickly.
* Blogging requires a lot of time and is never an overnight success. Be passionate about what is written and it won’t seem like work.
* Don’t overload the website/blog with plugins and widgets. Use a simple clutter-free minimalist theme.
* Link to other blogs because more often, they will return the favor and it will grow hits/traffic.
* Ask the opinions of the readers. It will spark a commentary back and forth and may want others to get involved in the discussion.
* Read and reply to every comment or email on the blog because no one wants to get left out. Keep the conversation going, it’s important.
* Remember your readers are here to check out each blog post and don’t want to be looking at ads or popups. Don’t post too may ads.
* Make original images and don’t just copy them from other websites. Also, free images can be used on Google if they don’t have a watermark or copyright stamp on them. But, always ask before using just to be safe.
* This is important. Quality of your content (articles, videos, press releases) matters, not quantity. Write the best content possible and put a lot of detail in the article with pictures and a video or two if available. Put original videos on YouTube and watch the numbers grow. This is the goal; creating something original and sharing with others. Don't forget to add a link on the video back to the blog. This creates backlinks and traffic.
* Subscribe to other websites and blogs in the same market or area of interest. Interact with other blogs and again, don’t forget to post a link back to the original site blog. This builds valuable backlinks.
* Build a following by adding funny pics, contests, recipes, etc., and the readers/followers will reward all efforts by sharing such posts.
* Don’t quit blogging just because it’s tough or something can't be figured out. Remember the saying, “Google is a friend”. There are a lot of published blogging answers and tips posted on Google already, so take a look.
Halifax Web Design answers many web design and SEO related questions daily either by phone or email, so it has decided to start posting some of these questions and answers right on its website http://halifaxwebsolutions.com/FAQ.
Drop by and post a question or look for an answer.
Good luck and happy blogging.