Leading Communications Experts to Address Global Wireless Technology & 5G Infrastructure Advancements at IEEE ICC 2014
New York, NY, March 17, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2014), the leading international venue dedicated to the advancement of wireless and wireline communications worldwide, will highlight its next annual event to be held from June 10 – 14 in the dynamic cultural hub of Sydney, Australia with the presentation of hundreds of leading communications experts addressing the latest worldwide advancements in voice, data, image & multimedia technologies.
Themed “Communications: The Centrepoint of the Digital Economy,” this year’s agenda will be earmarked by the keynotes of numerous industry authorities such as:
• Rod Tucker, Emeritus Laureate Professor at the University of Melbourne, who will discuss “Infrastructure for the Digital Economy - Australia’s National Broadband Network: politics confronts technology”
• Professor Theodore (Ted) S. Rappaport of New York University, who will speak on “Defining the Wireless Future - Millimeter Wave Wireless Communications: The Renaissance of Computing and Communications”
• Dr. Chih-Lin I, Chief Scientist of Wireless Technologies at China Mobile, who will explore “Defining the Wireless Future - Vision 2020: Perspectives of Mobile Operators (5G: Data Rate and More)
In addition, they will be joined by Prof. Bijan Jabbari of George Mason University, who will address the “Wireless Evolution: From Connecting People to Connecting Machines,” and Prof. Rahim Tafazolli, Director of the Centre for Communications Systems Research (CCSR) and 5G Innovation Centre (5GIC) at The University of Surrey in the United Kingdom, who will discuss “5G New Infrastructure for Digital Economy and Connected Society.”
During his remarks on Wednesday morning, Dr. Jabbari will highlight the many advances in multimedia content delivery services, as well as the wireless technologies ranging from smart devices to the cloud, that have become staples of our daily lives. This includes the challenges posed by the next wave of innovative machine-to-machine applications and the resulting data traffic. Also reviewed will be recent innovations in wireless technology and the main requirements that must be achieved to create a functional wireless ecosystem for our connected society and machines.
As part of his keynote, Dr. Tafazolli will speak about the need for a new approach to 5G, which is fundamentally different from previous generations of mobile cellular systems. Recommendations will be made about the strategic importance of next wave research innovations as well as the requirements and targets that must be set by standardization bodies and taken into consideration by national and international regulators.
Accompanying these addresses will also be nearly 1,500 presentations detailing the latest communications research and business policies. This entails more than 2,000 industry professionals, scientists, academics and government officials attending five full days of original papers, tutorials, workshops, keynotes, business and industry forums and social events offered in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Known as the Harbour City, Sydney is internationally renowned for its widespread amenities ranging from miles of ocean coastline and sandy surf beaches to its vibrant outdoor lifestyle and its world famous views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.
Officially opening on Tuesday, June 10, IEEE ICC 2014 will commence with a full day of workshops and tutorials dedicated to topics such as “M2M Communications and Next Generation Global IoT” and “Secure Networking and Forensic Computing (SNFC)” and then proceed with three days of sessions exploring the entire range of global communications technologies including:
• Selected Areas in Communications
• Wireless Communications
• Mobile & Wireless Networking
• Communication Theory
• Signal Processing for Communications
• Optical Networks & Systems
• Next-Generation Networking
• Communications, QoS, Reliability & Modeling
• Ad hoc & Sensor Networking
• Communications Software, Services & Multimedia Applications
• Communication & Information Systems Security
• Cognitive Radio Networks
For ongoing updates on IEEE ICC 2014, please visit http://www.ieee-icc.org/2014. All website visitors are also invited to network with colleagues and peers, share their professional experiences through the conference’s Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages.