Tampa, FL, May 29, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The community that crafts together stays together – at least that’s how the Tampa Bay Etsy Crew sees it. And on June 6, the Tampa Bay community will have an opportunity to come together in a big way for the annual Tampa Bay Etsy Craft Party.
The Etsy Craft Party will be held June 6 from 5-9 p.m. at Built in Seminole Heights (4501 N. Florida Ave., Tampa, FL), and is free and open to the public.
Organized by the online handmade and vintage marketplace Etsy, the event – now in its 5th year in Tampa – encourages makers around the world to gather and create. The Tampa Bay Etsy Crew traditionally has had one of the largest gatherings worldwide, with more than 500 attendees turning out for the 2013 event.
The event will coincide with Seminole Heights’ First Fridays.
In addition to several freestyle crafting areas that will allow attendees to participate in hands-on projects, more than 40 local artisans will show off their wares – one-of-a-kind, handmade pieces that reflect the rich artistic fabric of Tampa Bay.
Swag bags filled with items donated by vendors will be handed out to the first 100 at the door. Demos will be held throughout the evening on:
· How to spin your own yarn
· How to create pin-back buttons
· How to make covered button ponytail holders
· How to transfer a special photo to canvas or paper
Freestyle craft projects that attendees will be invited to take part in include bringing new life to old photographs with embroidery and other embellishments, DIY photo booth props to be used on-site at the official TBEC photo booth, and fabric-covered-button earrings and bobby pins.
Confirmed vendors include:
· Angela’s Organicas – organic-industrial fine art jewelry
· Armillata Designs – handcrafted artisan silver, copper, and gemstone jewelry
· Bebops – handmade clothing and bathing suits
· Black Cat Designs – hand-stamped art pendants
· Crochet by J – handmade afghans, scarves, and more
· Dark Cycle Clothing – hand-screen-printed t-shirts featuring the original “animal on bicycle” designs, science and math geek themes, and hand-pulled designs on housewares and tote bags
· Emlee Handmade – pouches, bags, and totes made from hand-printed fabric and appliques and polymer bead jewelry
· Fanatical Factory – pinback buttons
· Fantastic Places Fine Art Photography – fine art photography
· Fifi Ruffles – children’s clothing
· Franny & Franky Designs – one-of-a-kind map art prints, linocut prints, alphabet art prints and notecards
· Freak Show Follies Jewelry – unusual jewelry for unusual people
· FunkE Crafting – personalized clothing and home goods
· Glass Arts D – upcycled art using wine, beer, and liquor bottles
· Glitterized – glitter ball ornaments and vases
· Heavenridge Soap Co. – handmade soaps
· Hello Dragonfly – unique jewelry and handmade bags, quilts, and pillows
· Jamene Invitations – invitations and party décor
· John’s Basket Case – handwoven fine art baskets and wall hangings
· Kate Kreates Art – greeting cards and art prints inspired by steampunk, beach scenery, florals, angels, and more
· Lady Decoupage – handmade glass pendants and cufflinks
· Lola’s Handcrafted – handmade natural soap, candles, mineral cosmetics, perfume and lip balms for men, women, and children
· Melanie Kielich – recycled art and vintage products
· Monkey Toez Creations – hot packs, changing pads, blankets and bibs for babies and toddlers
· Poppy Hollow - unique handmade jewelry and home decor
· Red Rooster Jewelry – upcycled handmade jewelry
· Rockabilly Revolt – handmade hair bows and flowers, bowties, and headwraps
· Skillful Studio – reusable gift wrap and handbound books
· Star and Crossbones – handspun yarn, hair bows, shawl and charm pins, and art and paper goods
· Sunshine Canning – artisanal jams, pickles, and mustards made from locally sourced ingredients
· Tampa Bay Soaps – handmade soaps
· The Genesis – handmade jewelry by Lauralie Bradford
· The Whimsical Studio – boutique-style crocheted hats for newborns and babies, aprons, and Christmas tree skirts plus baby and children clothing
· UniqueNique – art glass jewelry and décor, upcycled décor and stained glass
· Waking Lucia – fabric-bead necklaces and earrings
· The Wren’s Keep – vintage glass, ceramics, and upcycled jewelry and home items
Pop Bandits, seller of all-natural ice pops and paletas, will also be on-site offering tasty frozen goods throughout the evening, along with several additional food vendors.
For more information or to RSVP for the event, visit the 2014 Tampa Bay Etsy Crew Craft Party page on Facebook.
The Tampa Bay Etsy Crew is an organization of more than 500 local artisans and crafters in the Tampa Bay, FL Area who have shops on Etsy.com. More information is available at facebook.com/TampaBayEtsyCrew or at the group’s blog at www.tampabayetsycrew.com.
Built is a hand-crafted furniture and fixtures shop located in Seminole Heights, FL. All goods are handmade and custom by designers who, in the past, have worked for large architectural millwork companies building award-winning kitchens, closets, furniture and various full commercial and residential build outs. More information is available at www.builtthings.com.