Portland, OR, July 03, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Mutlu Creative is pleased to announce the release of its first game, A Life worth dying for, priced at $2.99 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, available worldwide on the Apple App Store.
In this provocative memory game, you’re about to die. Your goal is to remember a sequence of cues. If you can recall them correctly, you will trigger short video flashbacks. These intimate moments add up to form an abstract impression of the artist’s life, reaching further back in time as you advance.
“It’s like an interactive self-portrait,” says Mutlu Isik, the creator of the game. “I wanted to make something genuine and meaningful, so I decided to include my own personal home videos. Some of these memories are very emotional, so you start to wonder about: what is worth living for? And what’s worth dying for?”
This game was inspired by:
1) fear of dementia, a mental illness that can cause permanent memory loss.
2) fascination with the “n-back task,” a mental exercise that’s supposed to have magical powers.
• Videos are part of core gameplay, not just for cinematic effect.
• Intimate and interactive self-portrait (no linear storytelling).
• Easy to control – challenge your mind, not your fingers.
• Endless play – keep advancing to unlock harder game-modes.
• Your stats – level up and see graphs that highlight your progress.
A presskit page with videos, screenshots, and more information is available at:
Download the game from the App Store:
Mutlu Creative is an independent design studio in Portland, Oregon, focused on experimental games. It was started in 2012 by Mutlu Isik, an accomplished UX designer and prototyper.