CooLCAD Locking Up Computers Everywhere — Now Taking Pre-orders Before Price Rises to MSRP
College Park, MD, July 06, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- CoolCAD Electronics LLC, a University of Maryland-based electronics design company is gaining recognition and is now expanding to businesses across the world.
The GK-Chain is a versatile Bluetooth SMART computer lock that secures terminals when the user walks away with the corresponding key. The GateKeeper Chain uses Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) wireless technology, combining a personal sensor with an encrypted connection that locks your Mac/PC. Other functions include:
● A mobile application that locates lost items
● Alerts you when items attached to the GateKeeper leave the key’s sensor range
CoolCAD has acquired R&D projects and subcontracts totaling over $4 million during the past five years, including Phase I and II SBIRs/STTRs as well as Mtech Maryland Industrial Partnerships grants. With over 333% raised against its $12K target ($40K), CoolCAD has secured a foothold in the B2B market. Some recent transactions include:
● Signed international distributor to begin selling GKs abroad
● Hospitals, healthcare providers and medical audit firms secure terminals with GK
● IT contractors and service providers use GK for additional security
● Many other companies in consulting, design and data security have backed the GK
CoolCAD is working on new designs and product integrations for GateKeeper. One new feature attaches the device to a company's identification badge. The badge then serves as an additional security tool to lock and unlock an employee's computer.
"We’re looking forward to leveraging the Kickstarter pledges to add advanced features to our product that everyone will find useful," said Electrical and Computer Engineering graduate and co-founder of CoolCAD, Dr. Siddharth Potbhare (M.S. 2005, Ph.D. 2008). "We’ll continue collecting feedback and build GateKeeper into a premier security and tracking device with the support of our backers."