Old Chatham Golf Club Paves the Way for Talented Employees Into Professional Golf World
Durham, NC, July 09, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Old Chatham Golf Club, a prestigious golf club based in North Carolina’s Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill-Triangle area, is more than a sanctuary for high-end business dealings and paradise for golf enthusiasts. The award-winning, nationally recognized golf club also serves as a career springboard for golf professionals aspiring to find leadership positions with other golf courses.
Recently, Brian Joyce – assistant golf professional at Old Chatham for three years – transitioned to a new position as head golf professional at Eagle Point Golf Club in Wilmington, North Carolina. Eagle Point graced Golf Digest’s 2013-2014 ranking of America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses, and Joyce’s position there marks an outstanding step in his career.
“Old Chatham holds all of our employees to the highest standard, and we are very proud of Brian’s career move. He has many ties to the Wilmington area, even having gone to school there. While he will be greatly missed at Old Chatham, we are happy for him on a personal and professional level," said John Marino, Old Chatham director of operations. “
While at Old Chatham, Joyce experienced a high-end, high-service club that allowed him to identify the essence of quality service. He enjoyed the membership at Old Chatham, especially the opportunity to forge a relationship with each individual member. Through Joyce’s experience directing tournaments and managing merchandise, Old Chatham equipped him with valuable skills as he ventures further into his golf career. Although Joyce’s great work and expertise will be missed, Old Chatham is proud of his achievements and excited on his behalf.
“Management at other golf courses around the country hold Old Chatham in the highest regard, knowing that if Old Chatham appears on the resume of a prospective new hire, they are considering a candidate whose accountability and professionalism place him or her in the highest caliber of golf professionals,” said Marino. “For this reason, Old Chatham has been successful in launching the careers of many assistant golf professionals and golf superintendents who have gone on to secure advanced positions at other courses around the country.”
Employees at Old Chatham are held to high expectations, with a focus on exemplary customer service and professional conduct. The commitment to meeting members’ needs efficiently and in a timely manner is instilled in each Old Chatham employee from day one, and members take comfort in the unwavering professionalism of the staff when it comes to taking care of their golf game and accoutrements, friends and guests, as well as the course itself, which is well known as one of the top private golf clubs in North Carolina.
Other golf professionals at Old Chatham who have taken leadership positions elsewhere include:
- Brian Stewart – First Assistant at Old Tabby Links in Spring Island, South Carolina
- Patrick Seither – Director of Golf at Governors Club in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Ken Mattis – Director of Golf at Highlands Country Club in Highlands, North Carolina
- Johnny Kauzlarich – Director of Golf at The Country of Woodmore in Mitchellville, Maryland
- Chandler Withington – Director of Golf at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota (site of the 2016 Ryder Cup)
- Dave Ambrose – Assistant at Columbia Country Club in Chevy Chase, Maryland
- Sam Ambrose – 1st Assistant at Elk River Club in Banner Elk, North Carolina
- Cory Kitchen – Superintendent at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta
- Jeff Hache – Head Superintendent at Simi Hills Golf Course in Simi Valley, California
- Drew Ramsey – Head Golf Course Superintendent at Cutter Creek Golf Club in Snow Hill, North Carolina
- Rick Henderson – Head Golf Course Superintendent at Skybrook Golf Club in Charlotte
- Brooks Riddle – Senior Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at Yeamans Hall in Hanahan, South Carolina
- J.R. Hawkins – Superintendent at Laurens Golf Club in Laurens, South Carolina
- Chad Prest – Head Golf Course Superintendent at The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards Golf Club in Sunset, South Carollna
“Our club is staffed with determined, diligent individuals who are fully committed to providing the best for our members,” said Brian Powell, Old Chatham head golf course superintendent. “Brian Joyce was a remarkable member of our team, and we are proud to see him move on to the next stage in his career.”
About Old Chatham Golf Club:
Established in 1999 by area business leaders, Old Chatham Golf Club provides the charm and character of the classics to North Carolina’s Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill-Triangle area. A Rees Jones design, the North Carolina Golf Panel has ranked Old Chatham Golf Club’s course #1 in the Triangle. Nestled just minutes from the Interstate 40 corridor with 400 acres of rolling hills rich in native pines and oaks, at Old Chatham members and their guests can escape to the tranquility of an uncrowded retreat, characterized by gracious hospitality with an emphasis on quality and comfort. For more information, visit http://www.oldchathamgolf.org.