San Diego, CA, July 16, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- For the fifth year in a row, Smart Pop Books will be attending San Diego Comic-Con, from July 22-27, 2014 (which includes Comic-Con’s preview night), and is inviting all attendees to swing by booth #4300 for giveaways, signings, a sneak peek at our 2014 titles, and just to say hello.
Smart Pop is the pop culture imprint of Dallas-based publisher BenBella Books. The company’s mission is to publish smart, fresh nonfiction anthologies and other titles on television, books, and film, and as of this year Smart Pop has published over 60, on topics ranging from Firefly to Divergent, the Hunger Games to Veronica Mars.
In addition to the signings and giveaways listed below, there will be free copies of the 2014 Smart Pop Preview, an annual publication that gives a sneak peek at the latest Smart Pop books, through advance chapters and other material. It’s the perfect introduction to Smart Pop, and it’s also a great way to pass the time in those notoriously long Comic-Con lines. Readers who will not be at SDCC can immediately download a free copy on from BenBella Books on NetGalley.
Smart Pop contributors over the years have been New York Times bestselling authors, television writers, psychologists, philosophers and all-around talented writers, including David Brin, Ellen Hopkins, Cassandra Clare, Todd McCaffrey, Ray Kurzweil, Cory Doctorow, Jennifer Crusie, Lawrence Block, Dennis Lehane, Jane Espenson, Scott Westerfeld, and many more.
Signings at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con (all in booth #4300)
Friday, July 25, from 1-1:30pm
Rosemary Clement-Moore, Debra Driza, and Janine K. Spendlove, will sign copies of Divergent Thinking: YA Authors on Veronica Roth’s Divergent Trilogy
Saturday, July 26, from 10-11am
Amber Benson (Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Heidi Tandy (Heidi8), will sign copies of Fic: Why Fanfiction Is Taking Over the World
· Smart Pop buttons in bright colors, with “smart,” “geek,” and “nerd” on each.
· T-shirts and tote bags
· Promotional buttons for anthologies on the Hunger Games, the Divergent series, Ender’s Game, and the Mortal Instruments series
· Signed copies of the Veronica Mars anthology, Neptune Noir (signed by none other than VM creator Rob Thomas), along with promotional magnifying glasses
· A never-before-seen, exclusive look at the fall title The Art of Eating Through the Zombie Apocalypse: A Cookbook and Survival Guide
· Promotional patches for YA novel The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant
· Magnets, bookmarks, and more
Connect before, during, and after the show:
Facebook.com/SmartPopBooks ǀ @SmartPopBooks ǀ SmartPopBooks.tumblr.com
A member of the media? Or a pop culture club, group, or organization?
Swing by booth #4300, to connect and discuss future partnerships
Or email Jennifer Canzoneri (email@example.com), to schedule a brief time to chat at the show.