SGS Becomes First Worldwide Accredited Laboratory to Obtain CB Certificate for Photovoltaic Systems
Geneva, Switzerland, July 17, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- CB Certificate for SGS Laboratory According to CB Scheme Standards
Over a number of years, SGS has conducted extensive research and development into renewable energies and participated in the main international standards committees. As a result, SGS has become the first worldwide testing laboratory to obtain accreditation for the following standards according to the CB Scheme:
- IEC 62109-1: Safety of power converters for use in PV power systems – Part 1: General requirements
- IEC 62109-2: Safety of power converters for use in PV power systems – Part 2: Particular requirements for inverters
- IEC 62116: Test procedure of islanding prevention measures for utility-interconnected PV inverters
- IEC 61727: PV systems. Characteristics of the utility interface
- IEC 61683: PV systems – Power conditioners – Procedure for measuring efficiency
SGS – The Market Leader in Testing and Certification for PV Inverters
This extension places SGS as the leader of the PV inverter’s market for testing and certification.
As a result of its trusted reputation, commitment, competence, experience, global solutions and worldwide presence, SGS is currently working with all PV inverter’s manufacturers around the world.
- CB member list (http://members.iecee.org/ )
- SGS Tecnos, S.A. as CBTL (http://members.iecee.org/IECEE/IECEEMembers.nsf/ShowScopeV2?openform&SelectedEntity_CleDoc=ADMN-757JBF)
- SGS-CEBEC as NCB (http://members.iecee.org/IECEE/IECEEMembers.nsf/ShowScopeV2?openform&SelectedEntity_CleDoc=ADMN-6YNGKR#)
About SGS Solar Testing Services
As global market leader, SGS Solar develops test methods, collaborates on research and development projects for the use of solar energy and monitors the construction of power plants for customers across the globe.
Through its testing, certification and inspection services, SGS is able to support both PV modules manufacturers and operators of solar module systems. Throughout a global network, SGS offers comprehensive services for solar modules in the manufacturing phase (http://www.sgs.com/en/Energy/Energy-Sources/Solar/Services-in-the-Manufacturing-Phase.aspx). All SGS services are tailor-made to meet clients’ specific requirements.
For more information about the company’s certification, testing, inspection, and verification services, please contact SGS.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.