New Inclusive, Experiential Social Skills Therapy Programs for Children with Autism
Sandy Springs, GA, August 15, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Learning on the Log, a non-profit organization, provides sensory-based activities with a relentless pursuit of the three core principles: Interact - creating motivation to form relationships; Relate - building self-confidence through communication; Communicate - expressing emotions within natural interactions.
1. Enrichment Preschool - Preschool starts September 15th and Learning on the Log even offers rolling admission. Flexible scheduling is available with 2, 3 and 5 day options, as well as an afternoon class for children already engaged in a morning class elsewhere. The Enrichment Preschool meets Monday through Friday at the following times:
· Morning class: 9a -12p
· Afternoon class: 1:30p - 4:30p
2. Morning Hike and Swim for preschoolers - starting the week of August 18th, two new morning activities are available for preschoolers weekly:
· Hiking: Tuesdays from 10a-11:30a
· Swimming: Fridays from 10a-11:30a
Learning on the Log also offers Afterschool programming, Weekend programming, Birthday Parties, and Summer Camp options. Swimming, hiking, team sports, rock climbing, and rafting are just a few of the recreational activities students enjoy within a supportive environment while developing their ability to interact, relate and communicate with peers and staff members.
The website for Learning on the Log is informative and features a plethora of pictures and video footage of their programming. New students are encouraged to schedule a Meet & Greet for a tour of the facility, during which time potential students are able to interact with the in session class. The dynamic Learning on the Log staff are as welcoming as they are supportive and energetic and knowledgeable.