New Report: Global Medical Robotic Systems Market Expected to Reach $17,901.5 Million by 2020
San Francisco, CA, August 28, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The global market for medical robotic systems is expected to reach USD 17,901.5 million by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 12.7% from 2014 to 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing market penetration for healthcare IT is one of the most significant growth drivers for this market. In addition, introduction of advanced technologies such as capsule robot system, software/applications and imaging system, increasing geriatric population base and increasing per capita healthcare expenditure are also expected to boost market growth during the forecast period. Growing geriatric population base is expected to increase the demand for minimally invasive robotic surgeries owing to the fact that old age increases the susceptibility towards disorders such as orthopedics, neurological and others. Presence of untapped growth opportunities in emerging countries such as India, Brazil and China is expected to serve this market as a future growth opportunity.
Surgical robots dominated the overall market in terms of shares at over 65.0% in 2013 majorly owing to their high usage and market penetration rates and the presence of a relatively larger number of R&D programs aimed at new product development. However, the hospital and pharmacy robots are expected to be the fastest growing market segment, at a CAGR of over 16.0% from 2014 to 2020 due to increasing demand for population based therapeutic solutions and increasing demand for telemedicine robots.
The report “Medical Robotic Systems Market Analysis By Product (Surgical, Orthopedic, Laparoscopy, Neurological, Rehabilitation, Assistive, Prosthetics, Orthotics, Steerable, Therapeutic, Exoskeleton, Non-Invasive, Hospital/Pharmacy, Telemedicine, I.V, Pharmacy, Emergency Response Robotic Systems) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-robotic-systems-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Laparoscopy is one of the largest application segments of this market and accounted for a share of over 35.0% in 2013. Growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries and the introduction of advanced robotic systems such as Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Systems are some of the factors accounting for its large share.
• North America was the largest regional market in 2013 and accounted for over 48.0% of global demand. Presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, high patient awareness levels, healthcare expenditure and market penetration rates of healthcare IT are some of the drivers of this market.
• Key players of this market include iRobot Corporation, Medrobotics Corporation, Titan Medical Inc., Hansen Medical, Inc., Renishaw Plc, Health Robotics S.R.L., Or Productivity Plc., Intuitive Surgical Inc., Mazor Robotics Ltd., Accuray, Inc., MAKO Surgical Corp., Varian Medical Systems and Stereotaxis, Inc.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the medical robotic systems market on the basis of product, application and region:
• Medical Robotic Systems Application Outlook
• Pathfinder Surgical System
• Neuromate Surgical System
• Renaissance Surgical System
• iBlock Surgical System
• Robodoc Surgical System
• Navio PFS Surgical System
• MAKO RIO Surgical System
• Stanmore Sculptor Surgical System
• FreeHand Endoscope Holder System
• Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System
• Telelap ALF-X Surgical System
• Special Education
• Medical Robotic Systems Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/