Los Angeles, CA, March 26, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Julian Construction (http://www.julianconstruction.com), a roofing and foundation repair and foundation construction company, is informing the public on five factors that can deteriorate roofs faster, causing problems and roof leaks.
As stated by Julian Construction, roofs are built using various types of materials such as slate, rubber slate, wood shake, asphalt and metal. Eventually, these materials of the roof will wear out over time and need repair or replacement. While a good roof can last for a long time, there are certain factors that can accelerate the deterioration process.
See those listed below:
1. Design Issues: When a roof isn’t designed correctly in the first place, it can lead to sagging and splitting, as well as water and sediment accumulation. All of which are serious issues.
2. Improper installation: An improperly installed roof lowers the life expectancy of that roof. The issues you will encounter are similar to those found in a faulty design, such as poor drainage.
3. Poor maintenance: Maintenance is still required on even the best designed and properly installed roofs. Maintenance is needed to prevent debris from clogging drains. When this is ignored, more severe problems can occur.
4. Weathering: Certain weather conditions such as rain, wind, snow and hail, can increase the rate of deterioration. Some materials deteriorate faster than others. For example, natural roof materials will deteriorate faster than synthetic roofing in these weather conditions.
5. Flashing problems: Flashing protects and seals the places where the roof intersects with pipes, chimneys, skylights and similar objects. When flashing goes awry, more problems can occur.
“Having your roof regularly inspected by a professional contractor is an important part of the maintenance process. When roof problems are detected early, not only will the repairs usually be less costly, it can help prevent other types of damage to your home,” says founder, Julian De La Torre.
Julian Construction has done more foundation repair in Los Angeles than any other company in the area over the last five years. Julian owns its own company and is built on a “no middlemen” model – no salesmen, no subcontractors. When you work with Julian Construction you get the principals of the company and workers of Julian Construction under your home. The result is the highest quality work at affordable prices. They can be contacted by phone at 323-733-3377, by fax at 323-733-4477 or via their website, www.julianconstruction.com. You can see tips and advice about home foundations on their blog, at http://julianconstruction.com/blog/ or http://foundationrepairforlosangeles.com/blog/.