Bloomington, IN, May 20, 2008 --(PR.com
, the leading book marketing, editorial services, and supported self-publishing company announced that ten iUniverse titles have received honorable mentions in the 2008 Eric Hoffer Award contest for best new writing. The awards are named in honor of the late American philosopher Eric Hoffer, and recognize writers and independent books of exceptional merit.
Titles are generally chosen from those published through small publishers, as well as works from authors who self-publish
. The following iUniverse authors and titles were honored:
• Jon Colie, Adventures in the Ditch: A Memoir of Family, Navigation, and Discovery on the Intracoastal Waterway, Memoir
• Jack Dixon, The Pict, General Fiction
• Beth H. Harrison, Shedding a Light on Genetically Engineered Food: What You Don’t Know About the Food You’re Eating and What You Can Do to Protect Yourself, Health
• Darrell James, Body Count: A Killer Collection, Commercial Fiction
• Gary David Johnson, Head Trauma: Sonnets and Other Poems, Poetry
• Lois Lewandowski, The Fatal Heir: A Gillian Jones Mystery, Commercial Fiction
• Ellen Miller, The Window Shop: Safe Harbor for Refugees, Culture
• Henry “Hank” D. Myers, The First Steps to Becoming a Real Estate Agent: An Insight to the Initial Costs of a Career in Real Estate, Business
• John Rhodes, Who Killed Callaway: A Murder Mystery, Commercial Fiction
• Stephan Siciliano, Vedette: or Conversations with the Flamenco Shadows, Legacy
For more information about these iUniverse titles, or to start the publishing process today, call iUniverse toll free at 1-800-AUTHORS or log on to http://www.iuniverse.com.
iUniverse, an Author Services brand of Author Solutions
, is a leading book marketing, editorial services, and supported self-publishing company, publishing more than 5,000 new titles annually. The iUniverse management team has extensive editorial and managerial experience with traditional publishers such as HarperCollins, Putnam, Simon & Schuster, and Holtzbrinck. iUniverse has strategic alliances with Barnes & Noble, Inc. in the U.S. and Chapters Indigo in Canada. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, iUniverse also operates offices in New York, Indianapolis, and Shanghai, China. For more information, please visit http://www.iuniverse.com, or call 1-800-AUTHORS.