CM Pros believes that content management is essential to organizations of every type ... that it harvests and promotes both financial and human value for the companies and organizations that can tap its potential.
CM Pros is a membership organization that fosters the sharing of content management information, practices, and strategies. We seek to improve content management practices within all organizations by:
* Collecting, developing, organizing, and delivering peer-vetted knowledge.
* Educating ourselves and those we work with on the key issues of content management.
* Fostering interaction among content management professionals, enterprise leadership, product vendors, and university educators.
* Identifying, refining, publicizing, and advocating respected content management practices.
CM Pros members are content management practitioners, both inside and outside organizations who want to develop their expertise and share it with others. Our members:
* Develop and publish best practices in a wide range of CM areas.
* Track and publicize CM-related events and jobs.
* Publish a variety of definitive sources for CM terms and news.
* Create and maintain industry mailing lists.
* Organize meetings between practicioners to discuss critical issues.
* Maintain our website, discussion forums, knowledge wikis, and syndicated web services.
Our members come from every part of the CM process including:
* Management: Project production and initiative managers and directors
* Content creation: Authors, editors, converters and aggregators
* Programming: Back and front end developers and systems architects
* Design: Graphic, UI, experience, and interaction designers
* Content modeling: Information architects, content analysts and modelers, and data architects
* Interface: Usability, HCI, and UI professionals
* Academics: Researchers, educators, and students.
* Communications: Marcom, marketing, and public relations professionals
* Infrastructure: Network and infrastructure analysis and administrators, IT directors, and web managers
* Pundits: Industry experts, analysts, and consultants
* System implementers: technicians, integrators, content migrators and trainers.
As we grow, we will work closely with other organizations that share many of our goals, such as AIfIA, AIIM, ASIST, STC, and others. We will coordinate our thinking about recommended standards for best practices with standards organizations like ANSI, DIN, and ISO. We will also work closely with colleges and universities who are training the next generation of information professionals.