Chicago, IL, August 30, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- — Chicago football legend Mike Ditka is launching a new fantasy football game for the ’08-’09 season, “Da Coach’s Salary Challenge” game. For $10, fans can sign up for the season-long game at Ditkasports.com. A portion of the proceeds at the end of the season will benefit the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund, providing financial assistance and coordination of social services to retired football players in need. Ditka and the Gridiron Greats are working in partnership with Fantasy Coverage, the Chicago-based fantasy sports software development company, to build and host the inaugural game.
“With more than 13 million players, fantasy football games are more popular than ever before and continue to generate interest in the sport of football,” said Ditka. “With the help of the team at Ditkasports.com, we decided why not introduce a game for the ’08-’09 season that is not only an excellent and competitive fantasy football game, but also a way for fans to feel good by giving something back.”
For $10, fans can register for Da Coach’s Salary Cap Challenge at Ditkasports.com. Game entrants will compete for a top season prize of $3,500 and an opportunity to have dinner with Mike Ditka at his Chicago restaurant. Runner up prizes include cash, plus tickets to the Gridiron Greats Super Bowl Experience in 2009, entry into the 2009 Gridiron Greats Golf Outing, autographed items and more.
Register for the Da Coach’s Salary Cap Challenge game at Ditkasports.com. Game details below:
• DitkaSports.com is offering “Da Coach’s Salary Cap Challenge” for the ’08-‘09 football season.
• Prove you belong with the Pros: compete each week against Gridiron Greats retired football players, including Da Coach himself, and other former greats”
• The Coach gives you a salary cap to build a fantasy football team. Manage your roster to score the most fantasy points during the football season (three lowest scoring weeks are dropped).
• Grand prize winner receives $3,500 plus dinner for four with Da Coach at Ditka’s Restaurant in Chicago
• Other prizes include tickets to the Gridiron Greats Super Bowl Event Experience in 2009, free entry in the 2009 Gridiron Greats Golf Outing, and cash
• To join, just go to Ditkasports.com and click on ‘Da Coach’s Salary Cap Challenge’ link
• Entry is just $10, enter as many times as you’d like. A portion of all proceeds are donated to the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund.
DitkaSports.com provides all the fantasy sports content that serious fantasy sports owners need with the attitude that only da Coach can provide. DitkaSports.com helps benefit the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund and donates a portion of the site’s proceeds to the organization. The site is the product of Coach Ditka’s personality and the fantasy sports and technological expertise of Fantasy Coverage, a Chicago-based software development company that caters to the fantasy sports industry. Fantasy Coverage's consulting team has an in-depth knowledge of fantasy sports applications, having developed products ranging from analysis tools to contests to content and networking portals for several of the leading fantasy sports companies. To sign up visit: Ditkasports.com.
About Gridiron Greats:
The Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund, an independent 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, was established to provide financial assistance and coordination of social services to retired football players who are in dire need due to a variety of reasons including inadequate disability and/or pensions. The organization focuses on the humanitarian side of post-football related issues, providing hands-on assistance to help retired players deal with hardships they may face after football. The organization was founded by Jerry Kramer and is managed by active Board Members, including: NFL Legends Mike Ditka, Gale Sayers, Willie Davis, Harry Carson, and others. To learn more visit: GridironGreats.org.