Sedona, AZ, May 08, 2006 --(PR.com
)-- ExtraOrdinary Homes, an expert source of innovative, convenience feature ideas, helps homeowners have homes that are truly beyond the ordinary without big budgets. The Company's specialized collection of more than 1,000 specialized home improvement features includes hundreds that not only increase people's quality of life and home value, but are also affordable for virtually every homeowner.
Many cost less than $25 to add to a remodeling, repair or home building project if the home's walls, floors and ceilings are already open.
ExtraOrdinary Homes' president and founder, Carol Abrahamson, commented, "We frequently surprise average homeowners about exciting, presumed ‘luxury’ features they think they can't afford, but they invariably can! There are hundreds of clever, practical home modifications which can improve their lives, homes and pocketbooks that are definitely not budget busters."
The Company's collection of affordable convenience built-ins that make ordinary homes extraordinary includes:
1. A panel of bedside light switches in each bedroom that control all the bedroom — and nearby hall and bathroom — lights. Add a switch on the master bedroom's panel that controls the front porch light. Kids who are afraid of the dark and overnight guests who aren't familiar with their room's setup will find this especially handy when they move around at night. And from bed, Mom or Dad can startle a potential late-night intruder, alert someone who has rung the doorbell that they're on their way or turn the light off after the last teenager has come home for the night.
2. Bedroom ceiling fans connected to thermostats, so no one ever wakes up too hot or cold in the middle of the night.
3. If there are no stairs to navigate on the way to the laundry room, hampers on wheels that reside in "stalls" built under countertops — or inside cabinets or closets — in every room that might have dirty towels or laundry. (Don’t forget the kitchen, work room/artist studio and garage!) No more risk of tripping on dropped items from an armload of laundry!
4. Electrical outlets inside bathroom drawers for both hiding and using a hair dryer, electric shaver, etc. while never unplugging them.
5. Plenty of electrical outlets on the outside of the house at the gutters and everywhere else holiday lights might be placed, so no dangerous extension cords are needed.
ExtraOrdinary Homes started collecting these uncommon functional features in 1998 via thousands of sources, and now offers consulting, publications and presentations that help homeowners quickly and easily learn about them. Previously, it typically took hundreds of hours for homeowners and their advisors to research and identify any quantity of them.
Today there are few — if any — other sources of as many home improvements that add convenience, function, comfort and safety to homes.
The Company also helps real estate, home design and building professionals increase sales and profits via these high-WOW!-factor built-ins.
Abrahamson has written five color-illustrated books about these functional home improvements that add so much value to homes. The Company's website, http://www.extraordinaryhomes.com, offers a free-sample e-book version of one of them to everyone: The 34 ExtraOrdinary Home Principles: Plus Over 70 Fabulous, Affordable, Innovative Ideas That'll Improve Your Life and WOW You!
About ExtraOrdinary Homes: ExtraOrdinary Homes is the only known company in America to specialize in functional convenience built-ins that make ordinary homes extraordinary. As a national consulting, publishing and presentation business, it informs homeowners who are planning remodeling or home building projects — and their advisors (i.e., real estate agents, builders, architects and other home design professionals) — about these innovative, uncommon, affordable features. Based in Sedona, Arizona, the Company's products and services promote more than 1,000 practical, high-WOW!-factor built-ins that can add convenience, function, comfort and safety to every home — no matter what its size, style, décor, price or age. These features change people's lives and dramatically enhance ease of living, quality of life, and a home's resale appeal and value. They are often uncommon and therefore difficult to learn about, and ExtraOrdinary Homes saves its clients hundreds of hours and dollars researching them one-at-a-time. The Company also helps real estate, home design and building professionals increase sales and profits via these exciting features. For more information, visit http://www.extraordinaryhomes.com or call 800-979-3224.