Cypress, CA, August 19, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Knowledge Relay, an innovative provider of easily implemented operational business intelligence (BI) solutions, today announced the upcoming release of the Knowledge Relay Suite. The modular and enterprise-scale suite enables business users to accelerate the decision-making cycle by reducing the time between collecting data from disparate sources and acting upon it. The solution delivers pertinent information on a timely basis, putting it into the hands of those who make operational decisions in a format meaningful to them, resulting in both bottom line and productivity savings. The Knowledge Relay Suite uniquely integrates with more than 250 enterprise applications and file types out-of-the-box, speeding up implementation and reducing total cost of ownership.
“Scheduled outages at nuclear power plants can easily cost $1 - 2 million each day in lost revenue and employee productivity. Scheduling can be a painstaking, iterative process, and getting timelier, complete information to the end user helps minimize the loss,” said Randy Buckhalter, noted nuclear power industry consultant. “I’ve seen the Knowledge Relay Suite in action and believe it can save my clients millions of dollars each year.”
Most BI solutions are monolithic, making them difficult, expensive and time consuming to implement. The modular architecture of the Knowledge Relay Suite enables organizations to build on their current technology investment for faster, less expensive implementation, perfect for organizations with resource-constrained IT departments.
Available together, or separately as stand-alone products, the suite comprises:
Knowledge Relay Data Integrator lets business users organize and transform large data stores by connecting to all source and target systems, out of the box. Scalable and self-documenting, it can connect with, and accept data from, more than 250 different data source types.
Knowledge Relay Information Visualizer offers a larger variety of reports than any other solution, as well as easy drill-down into the data. Users specify, schedule and automate report delivery through a single point of control, distributing PDF reports automatically via email, by posting them to a web portal or through numerous print options.
Specific features of the Knowledge Relay Suite include:
· Broadest connectivity to all source and target systems
- Source from anywhere, made possible by Knowledge Relay’s data-neutral technology – from financial and project management applications to homegrown systems, databases and more
- Integrate with more than 250 enterprise applications and file types out of the box
- Combine data from multiple sources, automatically and without custom development
- Support for multiple data transfer methodologies, including ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) and ELT (Extract, Load and Transform)
- Self-documenting capabilities save time and create a necessary history
· Unprecedented visualization capabilities
- Support for more report types than any other provider, including Gantt, PERT, X-Y Line (including resource histograms), Pie, Multi-format/Tabular/Textual (similar to Crystal Reports™ and Microsoft Access™ reports), and Dashboards
- Exceptional report customizability, especially when consolidating data from multiple sources, and printability
- Simple, consistent user interface – end users no longer need to rely on the IT department to create new reports
· Automated report distribution
- Sent via email or the web, on a pre-defined schedule
- Reports created in the universally-available PDF format, with no additional user interface or software on the workstation
“Because our solution is modular, we enable organizations to buy only what they need, resulting in rapid implementation cycles,” states Steven Mauss, president and chief operating officer of Knowledge Relay. “We’re excited to be able to now offer a soup-to-nuts solution – from sourcing data to showing results visually and sharing them with all appropriate individuals. Business users can go from data to decisions faster than they ever imagined.”
Availability and Pricing
The Knowledge Relay Suite is currently in beta, with generally availability in early Q4, 2008. Pricing for Knowledge Relay solutions is subscription-based, starting at less than $100,000 - a fee far lower than competitive offerings.
About Knowledge Relay
Since 1992, Knowledge Relay's operational business intelligence solutions have accelerated decision cycles by reducing the time between collecting data and being able to act on it. Modular architecture, data-source neutrality, an unparalleled number of connectors, broad range of report capabilities and automated report delivery make rapid implementation possible. Customers include Boeing, Exelon, Energy Northwest, Fluor, Northrop Grumman, PG&E and others. Knowledge Relay is located in Cypress, California. For more information, visit Knowledge Relay's website.