Toronto, Canada, May 19, 2006 --(PR.com
)-- 01 Communique Laboratory Inc. (TSX: ONE- www.01com.com), a leading remote access solutions provider, today announced the launch of I’m OnCall, a secure web-based remote support solution, enabling help desk personnel to quickly and efficiently support their customers anywhere in the world, through on demand PC remote control. Upon a support person receiving the customer’s permission, I’m OnCall auto configures a temporary connection between the technician’s and the customer’s PC, allowing the support person to take full control of the PC. I’m OnCall provides resellers, software and hardware vendors, internal help desks and support organizations with an integral tool for delivering outstanding customer support and services through reduced call times and cost effective problem resolution.
“Resellers and software vendors are facing increasing demand from their customers to provide service faster and more cost-effectively,” said Andrew Cheung, President and CEO of 01 Communique. “Both busy consumers and businesses are frustrated when they encounter PC or software problems and want quick problem resolution, fuelling growing market demand for remote technical support services. I’m OnCall offers support organizations an integral helpdesk solution that allows them to see the customer’s problem first hand, across the Internet. With I’m OnCall, interacting in real time with the customer on their PC shortens incident resolution time, improves the overall customer experience and reduces the cost of delivering support. As well, I’m OnCall also allows these organizations the opportunity to extend their geographical reach and grow customer base, all with a very quick return on investment.”
I’m OnCall is a complete remote support platform, comprised of two modules:
- The current On Demand module, delivering the ability to automatically connect to a customer’s PC across the Internet, within seconds of the customer’s call. No pre-configured software is required on either the technician’s or the customer’s PC.
- A Remote Administration module, providing the flexibility to easily connect to customers’ PCs around the world that have preinstalled software on them. I’m OnCall’s Remote Admin network console will allow technicians to provide planned or unplanned support to customers with pre-specified service agreements. This module will be incorporated into a future release of I’m OnCall.
The Administrator of the system can have I’m OnCall set-up and working within minutes of their first login. They can customize their I’m OnCall interface with their corporate logo and load technician photos, if desired, for their customers to see who is servicing them. They can also assign supervisor and technician access rights, as well as reassign incidents from one technician to another.
Upon receiving the customer’s call for help, the technician can log into I’m OnCall from any web browser to initiate a remote session. Using an on demand license, the technician then requests the customer’s permission for a remote session; if the customer grants permission, an applet is downloaded onto the customer’s PC and a secure temporary connection is auto configured. A desktop viewer is launched, from which the technician can view and control the customer’s PC, transfer files and provide support as required. All remote connections are dismantled at the end of the session.
Comprehensive tracking and reporting features allow all system users to view and record full customer call history, customers’ problems and the actions taken to resolve issues. If required, the system administrator can prepare reports to be sent to their customers of the support incidents conducted over a period of time.
“For our customers’ operations to be running smoothly at all times, it is imperative that we, their software vendor, are able to resolve any issues they encounter, in real time,” says Jim Lawther, IT Manager at ABELSoft, a developer of dental and medical solutions in Burlington, Ontario. “Customers service expectations are more demanding than ever, they don’t have time to wait for service. By implementing a remote support help desk solution, we have been able to provide hands on support at any time, with direct control of our customers’ PCs. We have eliminated the need to pre-configure software and remote connections to the customers’ premise before being able to provide them support. Now we can service a customer immediately upon their first call to us. Our customers are happier and our productivity has increased.”
Features of I’m OnCall
· Web based interface available from any browser
· Ready to use within minutes of first I’m OnCall login
· The organization’s logo is displayed on all user screens, with the additional option to present the technician’s photo to their customer
Auto configured temporary access to customer’s PC
· No pre-loaded software required for remote desktop control session
· Secure access connections do not require port re-configuration
· Works seamlessly through firewalls
Remote Desktop Control
· Easy to use remote control interface with remote desktop control and advanced toolbar
· Multiple simultaneous remote sessions by technician to different PCs is possible
· Customer support session requires customer authorization
· No configuration changes to customer’s PC or security settings
· Customer can terminate remote session at any time
Comprehensive Tracking and Reporting
· Full customer call history via incident tracking system
· Incident priority tracking
· Send customer reports of remote activity
· 128-bit SSL Encryption
· Removal of all temporary access files upon termination of a remote session
· No ports opened on the customer’s network
Pricing and Availability
A 10 day trial of I’m OnCall is available from 01 Communique, at www.ImOnCall.com. Each license will cost $99.95 U.S. per month or $999.95 U.S. per year, with volume discounts available. The number of licenses required is determined by the number of licenses that will be in use at the same time.
About 01 Communique
Established in 1992, 01 Communique is an innovative force in the development and delivery of remote access and support products and integrated communications software. 01 markets cost effective and reliable solutions that provide anytime, anywhere access to information stored on a desktop PC. 01’s suite of products includes its remote access product line I’m InTouch (www.imintouch.net) for businesses and mobile professionals, and its remote support product I’m OnCall (www.imoncall.com) for resellers, ISVs and support organizations. 01 Communique has built an extensive market for its solutions through the cultivation of solid distribution channels and marketing partnerships. For more information on its products, visit www.01com.com or call (905) 795-2888 or (800) 668-2185 (North America only).