Lexington, MA, October 06, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Ipswitch, Inc.'s Network Management division, the leading developer of network management software, announced today the immediate availability of WhatsUp Gold Version 12.3 Standard, Premium, Distributed and MSP Editions. The latest version introduces a number of new features to the market including a brand new plug-in: WhatsUp Gold NetFlow Monitor for traffic flow identification and reporting based on Cisco's NetFlow technology.
WhatsUp Gold 12.3 Features:
- New plug-ins
- NetFlow Monitor – Network performance and utilization monitoring
WhatsUp Gold NetFlow Monitor gathers information from NetFlow enabled switches and routers allowing you to analyze and report on network traffic patterns. It provides instant insight into how efficiently your network is performing and how bandwidth is utilized.
Webinar: NetFlow Monitor Thursday, Oct 9th 11:00am
Offered as plug-in technology to the extensible WhatsUp Gold architecture, WhatsUp Gold NetFlow Monitor integrates NetFlow traffic data into WhatsUp Gold monitoring and reporting, increasing your visibility into network performance.
- VoIP Monitor – Voice over IP monitoring and reporting
Already available for WhatsUp Gold is the recently announced VoIP Monitor plug-in module, which allows users to access information generated by Cisco IP SLA (service level agreement) enabled devices to monitor parameters essential to VoIP performance, including jitter, packet loss, latency and other calculated performance values.
- WhatsConnected – Advanced Layer 2/Layer 3 mapping (Coming Soon)
WhatsConnected is a comprehensive Layer 2 / Layer 3 discovery and network mapping solution that provides insight into physical network topology and how devices are interconnected. Its unique technology goes far beyond typical IP discovery and mapping solutions by providing detailed hardware inventory and configuration information. WhatsConnected discovers, maps and documents the network down to the individual port.
- Unlimited monitoring – unlike other network management systems, WhatsUp Gold gives users the flexibility to deploy unlimited SNMP or WMI monitors for any device or system in their network at no additional cost. With no limitations on the number or combination of performance, active, passive and custom monitors that can be configured per device, WhatsUp Gold offers maximum flexibility. Users don't have to be concerned about compromising or choosing what monitors to deploy to effectively manage their network.
- Database migration and device count capabilities - automated database migration for WhatsUp Gold customer upgrades from v11.X and licensing enforcement of device counts on device tiers within each edition of WhatsUp Gold as well as new functionality to automate the migration of the WhatsUp Gold database.
- WhatsUp Gold offers the lowest cost entry point among comparable solutions, giving network administrators the most bang for the buck in the market.
"The US Navy N6 and Joint Staff J6 departments are very pleased with WhatsUp Gold version 12.3. The favorite tools are the WhatsUp Gold NetFlow Monitor statistics on our serial SATCOM links, and the split-second bandwidth graphs. We also find the web performance monitor tool extremely useful for gathering quick snapshots of interface utilization on our backbone switches. The WhatsUp Gold product has been integrated into our NOC watch officer workstation, complete with displays for all three networks on giant plasma screens," said Jesse Davis, US Navy (Contractor).
For more information on WhatsUp Gold version 12.3 and the new plug-ins, visit: http://www.whatsupgold.com/products
"WhatsUp Gold scales to support networks of all sizes and its functionality is easily extended using plug-in modules, so it's uniquely equipped to handle increases in network size or complexity," said Ennio Carboni, Vice President, Ipswitch Network Management. "Our new plug-in modules, such as NetFlow Monitor, enable IT network administrators to drill down into specific areas to identify, troubleshoot and address issues like bandwidth hogs and rogue applications. And the tight integration between the plug-ins and WhatsUp Gold provides holistic network management and reporting capabilities unequaled in the industry."
To learn more about the new version of WhatsUp Gold, attend a Webinar:
Pricing and Availability
WhatsUp Gold version 12.3 is immediately available starting at the new low price of just $595 USD (MSRP). The WhatsUp Gold NetFlow Monitor and WhatsUp Gold VoIP Monitor plug-in modules are also available now starting at $1,495 and $995 USD (MSRP) respectively. Pricing and availability of the WhatsUp Gold WhatsConnected plug-in module will be announced soon.
Free trials of WhatsUp Gold v12.3 and the new plug-ins are available at: http://www.whatsupgold.com/download
About Ipswitch Network Management
Ipswitch™ WhatsUp® Gold is the world's leading network management software solution with over 70,000 networks reliably managed worldwide. Built on a scalable architecture offering automated network discovery and network mapping, real-time network monitoring (including SNMP monitoring and WMI monitoring), and versatile alerting, notification, and reporting functionality, WhatsUp Gold delivers 360° visibility, actionable intelligence and complete control. Visit http://www.whatsupgold.com for more information.