San Diego, CA, October 21, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Chassis Plans, The Original Industrial Computer Source®, releases the MQS4U-20A rugged military grade rackmount computer system with an ultra high performance Tyan Thunder n6550EX S4989 Quad AMD Opteron™ Processor motherboard and EVGA e-GeForce 9800 GX2 Graphics Processing Unit.
The MQS4U-20A is intended for rugged military applications where a short depth, light weight and incredibly sturdy rackmount system is required. The system is optimized for installation in transit cases or for mobile installations such as aircraft or vehicular. The MQS4U-20A is designed to meet 901D in a shock isolated rack and Mil-Std-461 for survival in high-G applications.
System features include:
* Rugged 4U aluminum rackmount enclosure
* Mounting for Tyan Thunder n6550EX MEB 13x16.2 motherboard
* Quad AMD Opteron dual-core / quad-core processor motherboard
* Up to 128GB high speed 667MHz DDR2 RAM
* EVGA e-GeForce 9800 GX2 high performance Graphics Processing Unit w/ two DVI-I outputs
* Two Storcase removable drive bays with up to 1TB enterprise level hard drives installed
* Double Layer DVDRW (8.7GB) and floppy drives
* Four high velocity 92mm 120CFM fans with front air filter
* All 5052 high strength aluminum construction
* Milled solid .187-inch front panel
* Card hold downs tailored to installed add-in cards
* Single or dual redundant power supplies to 1200W, 87% efficiency, AC or DC input
* Designed for portable applications and to be flight qualified
* Long life components and revision controlled build for long program availability
* Customer defined features to enhance mission applicability
Chassis construction is of high strength .090-inch 5052 aluminum with a chem film finish per Mil-C-5541. The front panel is milled from a solid piece of .187-inch aluminum and is finished in black powder coat. The lid is secured with 16 captive screws and is provided with an EMI/environmental gasket. Alternative chassis features, finishes and customer specified logo are available.
System wiring is low smoke, zero halogen for compliance with military requirements.
The included Tyan Thunder n6550EX motherboard is recognized as one of the highest performing system boards providing up to 16 high speed AMD Opteron processor cores and up to 128GB of 667MHz RAM. A multitude of on-board features allows this board to perform in processor intensive missions such as data acquisition, radar processing, terrain imaging, etc.
An EVGA e-GeForce 9800 GX2 Graphics Processing Unit is installed. This PCI-E x16 card provides two DVI-I outputs with up to 2560x1600@60Hz graphics. A custom milled aluminum hold-down bracket secures the card and includes a high volume blower to provide additional internal cooling for this high-power video card to assure reliable operation in extreme environments.
The MQS4U-20A is designed to be flight qualified and to meet all appropriate Mil Standards for shock, vibration, and environmental specifications. See http://www.chassis-plans.com/rackmount-systems/rackmount-military-computer_1x-45sr8f.html for information.
The MQS4U-20A is currently shipping for evaluation. For pricing and availability, contact Chassis Plans at 858-571-4330.
About Chassis Plans
Chassis Plans is a recognized leader in manufacturing fully configured turn-key military grade rackmount computer solutions for the industrial, rugged, and military markets. They manufacture 1U to 6U ATX and Single Board Computer systems tailored exactly to customer application requirements. They also manufacture a full line of industrial rack mount and panel mount LCD monitors and keyboard drawers.
Chassis Plans specializes in long-life product support offering unmatched in-house custom chassis design, long-life industrial motherboards and SBC's with strict revision control and material obsolescence management for trouble free program deployment. Key military customers include companies such as L3, Lockheed, and Northrop Grumman. Notable commercial customers include Siemens, Nikon, & General Electric. Chassis Plans' Systems are Engineered to Perform!™ Please visit www.chassis-plans.com for more information or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Lippincott, Chief Technologist, Chassis Plans, 8295 Aero Place, San Diego, CA 92123 858-581-4330 email@example.com http://www.chassis-plans.com.