Santa Clara, CA, November 14, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Mimosa Systems, a leader in Live Content Archiving solutions, today announced that Mimosa NearPointTM has integrated with NetApp® storage and data management solutions for enhanced archiving control and protection on several NetApp technologies, including NetApp SnapManager® for SQL Server, SnapDrive®, SnapMirror®, and FlexVol®. This joint solution simplifies management of the messaging and archive environments and enables NetApp’s cascading Snapshot™ copies approach for archive data protection. The resulting combination allows customers to deploy smaller storage footprints for their email archives, improve their archive recovery times, and reduce their associated archive management costs. According to internal benchmarks, the joint solution provides customers with storage efficiency savings of up to 50 percent when archiving Exchange data based on internal workloads.
“Our customers are increasingly challenged with efficiently storing, protecting, and managing the ongoing business risks stemming from the tremendous quantity of email and file information created by today’s information workers,” said Patrick Rogers, vice president of Solutions Marketing for NetApp. “Together, NetApp and Mimosa have partnered to develop an integrated solution that helps our customers address these issues when archiving their vital information. Our joint solution enables IT managers to capture and retain all email, calendar, and file information, protect that information, recover it quickly, and store the information efficiently and cost-effectively while meeting or improving business service levels for information access, search, and eDiscovery.”
The combined NetApp and Mimosa NearPoint solution brings together best-in-class archival and information management solutions for user-generated content – including email, IMs, and files – so customers can simplify manageability and lower operating costs. The joint solution enables IT managers to improve Exchange management by eliminating email quotas and PSTs while expediting eDiscovery with zero impact or change to the production environment. The joint solution additionally provides an integrated disaster recovery solution for both Microsoft Exchange and the Mimosa NearPoint archive, leveraging SnapMirror and SnapManager technologies so that enterprises can be assured that mission-critical messaging applications are well protected.
“Content archiving has become a pervasive and critical priority for organizations of all sizes and industry verticals,” said T.M. Ravi, CEO, Mimosa Systems. “By joining together with NetApp we are delivering an integrated, best-in-class solution for archiving and recovery that addresses the rapidly growing need for eDiscovery, regulatory compliance, and optimization of storage.”
NetApp solutions, when used with NearPoint, improve storage efficiencies by leveraging NetApp’s market-leading deduplication technology for single-instance storage of files, email, and email attachments. Additionally, the solution provides the unique ability to protect and automate the recovery of Exchange and the Mimosa NearPoint archive through SnapMirror and SnapManager, improving recovery time objectives.
The NetApp-Mimosa solution centralizes the management of business and retention policies so IT organizations can better control the disposition and retention of critical information content. By archiving user-generated business data in a central, intelligent repository, enterprises are equipped to quickly perform discovery, auditing, disposition, and business intelligence tasks to decrease information risk. The NetApp-Mimosa solution includes:
• Mimosa NearPoint’s One Pass Protection™ technology for Continuous Application Shadowing™, which captures Exchange log files the instant they are committed to disk without relying on SMTP, MAPI, or Microsoft Exchange Journaling to gather messages for archiving.
• Mimosa eDiscovery, which provides legal and IT with decision support capabilities and item-level legal hold, and export.
• Mimosa NearPoint Disaster Recovery, which provides application-intelligent automated disaster recovery of Exchange services and the archive with a “one-click” operation.
• NetApp SnapManager for SQL Server and SnapManager for Exchange for periodic Snapshot copies of SQL Server databases and Exchange, respectively.
• NetApp SnapDrive for periodic Snapshot copies of NearPoint archives and index data.
• NetApp SnapMirror for replication and efficient transfer of NearPoint databases, archive, and index snapshots.
• NetApp Data ONTAP® operating architecture, which provides data deduplication technology that can be used broadly across applications, including primary data, backup data, and archive data managed by NearPoint.
About Mimosa NearPoint
Mimosa NearPoint addresses critical customer requirements around content archiving, email archiving, eDiscovery, regulatory compliance, business continuity, and storage optimization in a unified solution. Mimosa NearPoint provides legal search workflow, immediate mailbox and message recovery, disaster recovery, email, instant message and file archiving, and self-service search and access in one solution. By leveraging cost-effective storage and advanced classification rules, NearPoint also optimizes content storage and reduces overall infrastructure costs.