Sao Paulo, Brazil, June 02, 2006 --(PR.com
)-- CompuStream Consultoria, an outsourced business representation firm dedicated to assist international technology and communications companies to establish or enhance their presence in Brazil, announced today it has implemented a telecommuting program that will enable its employees to perform work from multiple sites such as home and customer location(s).
“Telecommuting is the ability to do your work at a location other than your official duty station. For some CompuStream employees, that is feasible because of their type of work that basically requires thinking, writing and telephone-intensive tasks like: data analysis, reviewing and obtaining information, writing reports, setting up meetings, follow up on sales leads, among others. With portable computers, high speed telecommunications links, and ever-present pocket communications devices, our employees can work almost anywhere at least some of the time,” said Maximilian Immo Orm Gorissen, CompuStream Chief Executive Officer.
When CompuStream started to consider mobilizing its workforce, it considered a variety of issues to maintain a productive and well-balanced workforce. Just to illustrate, before becoming a telecommuter, it is required of the employee to meet the following conditions:
- Ensure that the home office is a safe place to work;
- Keep personal disruptions such as non-business telephone calls and visitors to a minimum;
- Ensure the protection of Proprietary CompuStream and Client information accessible from their home;
- Make advance arrangements for dependent care to ensure a productive work environment (telecommuting is not a substitute for day care or other personal obligations);
- Obtain pre-approval from the supervisor for use of vacation time or sick leave to attend to family or home matters during home office hours;
- Ensure work area is free of obstructions to eliminate trip and fall hazards;
- Ensure work area has proper lighting, ventilation and furniture;
- Set up the home work site in an ergonomically correct fashion.
About CompuStream Consultoria Ltda.
CompuStream (www.compustream.com.br) is an outsourced business representation firm dedicated to assist international technology and communications companies to establish or enhance their presence in Brazil.