Toronto, Canada, December 04, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Are you searching for gift ideas for friends or loved ones who are smarting from big losses on the stock market? Here are several that Gail Bebee, author of No Hype - The Straight Goods on Investing Your Money, recommends to help raise the spirits of downtrodden investors:
1. The DVD Wall Street to refresh their memories of what raw capitalism is all about.
2. A jar of cashews to chew on instead of their nails while they watch the stock market roller coaster.
3. A fitness club membership so they can exercise away their stress.
4. A Canada Savings Bond (interest rate 1.85% this year) to remind them why they invest in the stock market.
5. A share in a sin stock of their favourite indulgence e.g. Diageo for spirits, beer, or wine drinkers, Altria for smokers, Callaway Golf for golf nuts.
6. A book on investing so they can learn how to avoid the mistakes that cost them so much money.
7. A custom t-shirt sporting the Warren Buffet saying, “Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful.”
Bebee is available to speak with the media about how investors can cope with the current financial market chaos.
About Gail Bebee: Experienced independent investor and personal finance speaker Gail Bebee wrote No Hype – The Straight Goods on Investing Your Money to help others invest profitably. Her book is an easy-to-read primer of investing basics for Canadians from the viewpoint of a savvy financial industry outsider. It’s the book she couldn’t find when she decided to take control of her money. Bebee (B.Sc., M.Eng.) is an honours graduate of the Canadian Securities Course. Her book is available at Chapters/Indigo/Coles stores across Canada or online at www.nohypeinvesting.com.