Santa Ana, CA, December 21, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Financial Crossroads Santa Ana California, a debt settlement company headquartered in Santa Ana, is offering advice for credit card consumers weathering the current credit crisis and offering tips on how to protect themselves during these tough economic times. They include:
- Request an interest rate reduction. Financial Crossroads advises to call your creditors to see if they are willing to cut interest rates on your credit cards. Some may refuse, but others might be willing to do so. Even a small interest rate reduction may save you hundreds -- even thousands of dollars throughout the life of the loan.
- Make sacrifices in your lifestyle to pay down debt. Eliminating non-essential spending such as premium cable television or daily visits to the coffee shop can go a long way in eliminating your credit card debt. Go through your previous month’s bank statement and find out where you are spending your money and then reduce spending. Financial Crossroads ( Santa Ana ) advises to use those extra funds to pay down your credit card balances, starting with the highest interest cards first.
- Carefully monitor your monthly credit card statements. Be sure to monitor your monthly credit card statements, advises Financial Crossroads. Check for unauthorized activity and carefully dissect each charge. If there are fees or charges that you don’t understand, be sure to call your credit card company to have them explained.
- Try to pay more than the minimum payments. Just paying the minimum payments each month will ensure your debt stays with you for a long period of time. Always attempt to pay more than the minimum amount owed so your payments will cut more into the principal balance each month.
- Consider a debt settlement solution. If you have gone over your head and can no longer keep up with your credit card payments, consider a debt settlement firm such as Financial Crossroads Santa Ana, California. These companies have programs to negotiate with creditors and settle debts many times at a significantly lower amount than the balance enrolled.
Financial Crossroads says that following these tips along with a sound money management strategy in place will significantly help credit consumers navigate through the world of credit card debt and personal finance.
For more information, visit the blog of Financial Crossroads Santa Ana California at http://financial-crossroads.wetpaint.com
About Financial Crossroads (Santa Ana, California)
In the debt settlement industry since 2001, Financial Crossroads Santa Ana is a member of The Association of Settlement Companies (TASC) and offers solutions and programs to Americans looking to get out of debt. With its main offices in Santa Ana, California, Financial Crossroads uses a multi-faceted approach to assist clients to become free from credit card companies and other unsecured debtors in a relatively short period of time. For more information, visit http://www.financialcrossroads.com or call 888-912-3328.