New York, NY, March 05, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Currently ongoing at iGavel is The Santa Barbara Auction, presented by Alexander Rose Fine Art & Antiques. Highlights of this auction include a Austrian Biedermeier Fruitwood Settee, 19th Century, estimated at $2,000-$3,000 with a starting bid of only $750. A Laver Kirman Rug, Early 20th Century, estimated at $600-$800, has a starting bid of $325, and a Meissen "Blue Onion" Pattern Reticulated Porcelain Tazza is esitmated at $500-$700 with a starting bid of $325. These lots, as well as a number of other items of notable interest, are available for bidding now through Tuesday, March 10.
iGavel’s Associate Seller, Locati Antiques, has its End of Winter Estate Sale currently open for bids. Highlights of this sale include a Cartier Sterling Silver Coffee Set, estimated at $1,100-$1,500 with a low starting bid of $550, a Tiffany Sterling Silver Bowl, estimated at $300-$500 with a starting bid of $120, and a Fine Pair of Japanese Imari Fish Form Dishes, estimated at $400-$800 with a starting bid of $160. The auction is open now through Monday, March 16.
Other Sales during the month of March include:
• Property from Various Estates and Private Collections, by Elder's Antiques Auction, starting Tuesday, March 3, and ending Tuesday March 17
• Fine Art, Photography and Antiques from Estates and Various Owners, Presented by Everard & Company, starting Wednesday, March 4, and ending Tuesday, March 24
• “A Spring Collection:'' property from the estate of Dorothy Lieberman, By Roland's Antiques, starting Thursday, March 5, and ending Thursday, March 19
• Daniel Cooney Fine Art Emerging Photographer’s Auction, starting Thursday, March 5, and ending Thursday, March 26
• Fresh@iGavel offers continuous auctions with new listings posted every day. Auctions include art, antiques and collectibles in all categories and all price ranges. Fresh@iGavel offers something for every level of collector.
iGavel.com is a leader in online art auctions, offering collectors and dealers high quality fine art, antiques and collectables guaranteed for authenticity and condition. iGavel auctions are modeled on the traditional live auction format, where each lot includes detailed photographic images, a professional description, and an accurate condition report.
Lark E. Mason - President of iGavel - is a frequent guest appraiser on the Antiques Roadshow, was formerly a Senior Vice President with Sotheby's Chinese Works of Art Department, and Director of Online Auctions for Sothebys.com.