Wedding Plans in Today's Economy?
The experts from Waters Edge at Giovanni's in Darien, Connecticut gives advice on how to plan a wedding, and save money with cost-cutting ideas, despite current economic woes. Tips for saving on everything from your dress to your honeymoon to your reception.
Advice for Brides on a Budget from JoAnn Latorraca, General Manager of The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s, in Darien, CT.
Brides and their families are getting creative when planning a wedding in today’s economy.
JoAnn Latorraca, General Manager of The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s, offers 10 useful ideas to help young couples save money and still create their dream wedding.
1. Guests - Carefully Review Your List - Limiting the number of guests quickly brings down the cost of a wedding. In the past couple of decades, it was not unheard of to have a wedding with 300 people. Now couples want to create greater intimacy by making sure that their guest list reflects those closest to them.
2. Food - Make Creative Choices - It’s not necessary to offer guests a choice of multiple meat entrees. Consider one meat entree and one vegetarian dish. Or, switch the chilled lobster appetizer for a salad.
3. Date - Consider Alternative Dates for Booking Your Hall - At The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s, they advise those seeking greater value to choose a Friday night or Sunday afternoon affair. Also think about having your wedding in the Winter months.
4. Dress, Music, Flowers? - Prioritize Your “Must-Haves.” Some couples feel music is the life of the party and must have that fabulous 10-piece band. Others feel flowers create the mood for the entire event. Or, that Vera Wang dress is the essential element. Certainly, dedicate more of your budget to the items that mean the most to you.
5. Bridal Gown – Made More Affordable - From sales at bridal shops to online bridal exchanges, young women are finding creative ways to have that perfect wedding dress at a more affordable price.
6. Wedding Favors – Saving Strategies - Instead of an expensive knick-knack, get creative. Potpourri, sachets or chocolates are inexpensive alternatives.
7. Destination Wedding – Not the Best Budget Option - It’s not only always more expensive for you, a destination wedding is a cost burden on your guests who have to travel to get there and incur hotel expenses.
8. Honeymoon Registry – Trip Tips - There are honeymoon websites that offer registries just like major retailers. Small donations from each of your guests add up to help fund your dream trip.
9. U.S.A - Stay Local for Your Honeymoon - Rather than go overseas, save money and spend the money here to stimulate the U.S. economy.
10. Wedding Planner – Communication is Key - Be sure your wedding venue and planner add value and are committed to working within your budget.
The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s, located in Darien, Connecticut, is a beautifully-designed banquet hall dedicated to personalized event planning for an exceptional event experience, including weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, corporate meetings, family reunions and other special occasions. 203-325-9979 – www.watersedgedarien.com
914 358 1700
914-358-1700 x 307