Scottsdale, AZ, July 26, 2006 --(PR.com
)-- Zetatec today announced the MyHealth Smart Card Health Network. MyHealth network is secure, convenient and reliable smart card technologies specifically designed to store and transport a patient’s most clinically relevant medical records.
Zetatec is incorporating smart card technology into the healthcare system as an instrumental component that protects and enables convenient access to patient data and delivers both clinical and administrative benefits.
Zetatec has chosen a high-capacity microprocessor smart card that is PIN protected to comply with HIPAA security requirements and also provides a feature-rich, flexible platform that addresses key healthcare issues. The compelling benefits of Zetatec’s MyHealth card solution include:
• Support for privacy and security requirements mandated by HIPAA
• Convenient way to carry secure data between systems
• Reduction in administrative costs
• Reduces fraud
• Rapid identification of patient
• Information readily accessible in an emergency
• Enables compliance with government initiatives and mandates
Smart cards are used worldwide for many applications, including healthcare, financial, transit, telecommunications and secure identification. A smart card is a familiar form factor the size and shape of a credit card with an embedded integrated circuit chip. The information in MyHealth smart card is stored in the Continuity of Care Record format and takes advantage of the technology’s ability to provide secure, portable data storage, enable authentication information access and support secure transactions between the smart card and the system. The patient/administrative and clinical data sections on the My-Health smart card include:
• Patient demographics • Immunizations
• Emergency contacts • Medical history
• Medical proxy • Surgeries & hospitalization
• Healthcare providers • Medical equipment
• Insurance providers • Lifestyle
• Religious preference • Medications / herbal medicines / supplements
• Living will Advanced Directives • Neuro-Psychiatric
• Allergies • Ophthalmology
• Organ donor status • MRI pre-screen questionnaire
Zetatec is establishing networks of physicians, hospitals, surgery centers, labs, clinics and emergency services that are or will be equipped with the MyHealth application software, smart card readers and secure access to a network backup system. The network will allow physicians, emergency personnel and other healthcare providers secure and privacy compliant access to a patient’s most clinically relevant medical data at participating locations.
Zetatec International is a global provider of smart card applications, custom software development and data management services. The company offers new methods that improve data management, decision-making and knowledge transfer of complex problems for individuals, businesses and government applications including banking and finance, personal healthcare, pet healthcare, manufacturing and construction market segments. For more information contact John Parker 480.778.1330, email@example.com or visit our website www.zetatec.com.
Source: Zetatec International