Pune, India, June 11, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- LogicNP Software has released FileView ActiveX Control 2009 which brings a drop-in Windows Explorer-like file and folder browsing UI component to your application. It is a perfect replacement for the plain, inflexible, modal APIs which UI developers are currently limited to. It offers complete support for Thumbnail, Details and GroupView, AutoUpdate, dragdrop, icons, contextmenus, non-filesystem items, default key-handling, infotips and renaming. It features powerful behavior control and customization functionality that takes it miles ahead of Windows Explorer by adding features like filtering, checkboxes, custom items, custom columns and dragdrop control and customization of default contextmenus, displaynames, icons and infotips. When combined with FolderView and ShComboBox controls, it recreates the entire Windows Explorer UI in your app. FileView ActiveX has a royalty-free redistribution license and no external dependencies and it comes with comprehensive documentation and numerous samples.
Fileview ActiveX 2009 has following prominent features
A.Complete Windows Explorer look, feel and behavior
* 2-line integration with FolderView and ShComboBox brings complete Windows Explorer functionality to your application.
* Identical displaynames, icons and overlay icons shown for files/folders.
* Identical dragdrop functionality.
* Identical renaming functionality.
* Identical display of infotips for files/folders.
* Identical display of contextmenus ( including 'Send To' and any other submenus) for files/folders.
* Identical support for various display modes( Large Icon, Small Icon,etc.) including full support for 'Details Mode'.
* Complete 'Thumbnail View' support similar to Windows Explorer.
* Complete 'Group View' support similar to Windows Explorer.
* Identical default-key handling functionality ( e.g. Alt-Enter shows the properties dialog box)
* Identical background context menu functionality when the empty background area is right-clicked.
* Powerful AutoUpdate functionality refreshes FileView automatically when files/folders are renamed, deleted or created.
B. Advanced customization features
* Change default displaynames for files/folders.
* Change default icons for files/folders.
* Change default overlay icons such as shortcut or network share overlay icon.
* Change default thumbnails for items in Thumbnail View.
* Display of multi-state checkboxes next to each file/folder.
* Show/Hide multi-state checkboxes on a per-file/folder basis.
* Add custom items ( i.e. items not belonging to the shell ).
* Add custom menuitems in the default shell contextmenus of files/folders.
* Change default infotips for files/folders.
* Pattern-based filtering of files/folders ( e.g. : "*.bmp;*.jpg" ) or advanced custom filtering using a simple event.
* Advanced customization of contextmenu shown for files/folders and for the background contextmenu.
* Advanced customization of dragdrop functionality including the ability to prevent or change drop actions, and access and put new data during dragdrop.
* Add developer defined columns in 'Details Mode'.
* Hide standard columns in 'Details Mode'.
* Change default column text (Name. Size, Type, Date Modified, etc) for files/folders in 'Details Mode'.
* Change default sorting behavior using developer defined sorting procedure.
* Total appearance control by changing backcolor, forecolor, text fonts and other listview properties.
C. Advanced behavior control
* Prevent display of contextmenus for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
* Prevent dragdrop for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
* Allow/disallow renaming for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
* Allow/disallow selection for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
* Change default drag actions during dragdrop ( e.g. from Copy To Move )
* Control whether folders can be viewed or files executed for all files/folders using simple properties or on a per-file/folder basis using events.
* Control checking/unchecking on a per-file/folder basis.
* Prevent execution of default shell commands ( e.g. Open, Cut, Properties, etc. in response to keystrokes or through the context menu) for all files/folders using a property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
* Show/hide hidden files/folders using a simple property.
* Show/hide virtual files/folders ( e.g. Control Panel ) using a simple property.
Simple but powerful programming model
* Enumerate all files/folders shown in FileView.
* Execute shell commands ( e.g. Cut, Delete, etc ) on files/folders.
* Programmatically navigate the folder hierarchy.
* Programmatically open files with their associated applications.
* Access complete information of a file/folder including its displayname, fullpath, checkstate, selection state and attributes like whether it is a shortcut, shared, hidden, readonly, file and folder.
* Associate developer defined data with each file/folder.
Fileview is also available in WPF as well as .Net versions along with the ActiveX. The ActiveX version is compatible with a wide variety of developing environments including Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C++ MFC and ATL apps, Microsoft Office VBA, Borland Delphi and Borland C++ Builder. The .Net versions are compatible with Visual Studio.Net 2002, Visual Studio.Net 2003, SharpDevelop and other IDEs.
Fileview is available directly from LogicNP Software website. Trial versions and detailed product information is available at http://www.ssware.com/fileview/fileview.htm. Development licenses can be purchased starting from US $129. Multi-developer licenses, site licenses and Support and Upgrade Subscriptions are also available.
About LogicNP Software
LogicNP Software is a privately owned software development company which specializes in developing reusable controls, components and libraries for .Net, WPF, ActiveX and MFC/ATL developers. Our mission is to provide innovative, robust and easy-to-use components and controls that help developers build the best applications that today's competitive marketplace demands.