London, United Kingdom, July 05, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Milton Keynes has been revealed as the UK’s most house proud town by leading home wares and interior design website, mydeco.com. The website found the famous ‘new town’ contains more people interested in designing and shopping for their homes than anywhere else in the country. The House Proud Towns Index, created by analysing the home hub’s 750,000 monthly unique users over a year, found Watford and Brighton to be the second and third most house proud towns but Croydon, Leeds and Liverpool are among some of the least house proud.
In addition to the index, the website completed research amongst their 65,000 registered members, to delve into the nations house proud feelings, and found that a third of Brit’s (29%) make visitors take their shoes off at the front door, and nearly half (49%) admit to feeling flustered when guests turn up unannounced and their home is untidy. A further 16% even admit to pretending to be out when unexpected visitors call, if they haven’t had a chance to clear up.
Dr Linda Papadopoulos said, “It just goes to shows that even this credit crunch can’t stop us being immensely proud of the home we live in, to a large extent it’s about feeling we are investing in those things that make us feel safe and that give us an identity- while we may be willing to forgo evenings out and even holidays, investing in our homes gives us a feeling of consistency and comfort."
Whether you live in a house, flat, bungalow, boat, caravan or anywhere else you are proud to live, send us a photograph of your home for your chance to win £1,000. Visit: http://mydeco.com/competitions/house-proud
House Proud Towns Index
1. Milton Keynes
9. Newton Abbot
11. St Albans
35. City Of Westminster
The “Most House Proud Towns” list was created by looking at the number of people visiting the UK’s leading interiors hub from towns across the country and expressing that number as a percentage of that town total population.
For more information
Please contact Michelle Saxby, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 3384 1337
mydeco was founded by the management team behind lastminute.com, one of Europe’s most successful ever online businesses. mydeco.com brings together more than 2 million home ware products, from 800 retailers. From high end to high street, mass market to niche, mydeco makes it easier to find what you are looking for without having to trawl the high street. The site features the latest technology innovations to help you find inspiration, create a space, share ideas and shop for your home.
Key website features include:
· Shopping: search the UK’s most comprehensive database of home products by price, discount, colour or dimension.
· Design my room: build a virtual model of your home and choose from over 50,000 3D pieces of furniture to drag and drop into your room to check.
· Community: share creative ideas, tips and tricks with 50,000 members, ask questions and showcase designs.
· The magazine: get the latest news from the interiors world, read features and trend watching advice.
· Buy the look: view hundreds of inspiring looks from well-known designers, celebrities and even famous hotels. Tailor the look to your budget and define your own personal style.
· Shop by style: from romantic to urban, find hundreds of stylish products in categorised by a range of styles.
Follow mydeco on twitter
07825 798 904
020 3384 1337
mydeco.com, Newcombe House, 45 Notting Hill Gate, London W11 3LQ