Copenhagen, Denmark, August 28, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Vopium, the leading international mobile communications company, today announced the launch of its mobile VoIP service in 25 new countries, offering low-cost and free international mobile phone calls. By installing the free Vopium application on any of the more than 900 supported GSM mobile handsets, callers around in the new countries can now also take advantage of high-quality and affordable international calling. With the launch, Vopium is now available across 45 markets in all major territories including North- and South America, Western- and Eastern Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific. To get started, mobile subscribers can visit www.vopium.com. Once registered, all new users receive 30 free minutes of talk time and 30 free SMS.
Tanveer Sharif, CEO of Vopium, said, "Hundreds of thousands of consumers are already enjoying the savings on international cell mobile phone calls that Vopium offers. The roll out of Vopium in 25 new countries meets the ever increasing demand we have experienced since our international launch last year. Particular in the economic climate, the entire world is facing at the moment consumers are keen to cut costs wherever possible. International telephony rates are still outrageously high, but with the geographical expansion, we are delighted to solve that problem by enabling even more consumers to save heavily on international phone calls.”
Vopium: The Key Facts
- Vopium is compatible with more than 900 handsets across Java, Symbian, BlackBerry RIM, and Windows Mobile, as well as offering complete applications for the iPhone App StoreSM, BlackBerry App World™ and Android Market
- Vopium is free to download at www.vopium.com and offers 30 minutes of talk time and 30 international SMS for free to new users.
- Calling internationally with Vopium can result in up to 90 percent savings versus traditional carrier rates; for an overview of current pricing, visit: http://vopium.com/tariff
- Vopium Wi-Fi users can call each other around the world for free
- Vopium users keep their own mobile number and SIM card, and maintain their numeric identity when making calls
To learn more, visit www.vopium.com
For more information, please contact:
Tanveer Sharif, CEO