London, United Kingdom, October 15, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- The 2009 Opalesque U.K. Roundtable was sponsored by Newedge Prime Brokerage Group (www.newedgegroup.com) and took place at their London office with:
1. Anthony Ward, Co-Founder of Armajaro and non-executive Chairman of Armajaro Trading Limited
2. Aref Karim, Founder, Quality Capital Management
3. Douglas Shaw, Managing Director Proprietary Alpha Strategies, BlackRock
4. Duncan Crawford, Head of Capital Introductions, Prime Brokerage Group, Newedge Group
5. Emmanuel Roman, Co-Chief Executive Officer, GLG Partners
6. Giles White, Partner and CIO, MaxCap Partners
7. Lawrence Staden, Founder, GLC
8. Max Gottschalk, Senior Managing Director, Gottex
9. Oliver Dobbs, CIO of Portfolio Management, CQS
When Opalesque published its first U.K. Roundtable in June of 2008, the hedge fund industry still had the worst storm ahead. Now, one year after the unforgettable events of Q4 2008, the industry is still restructuring, but the survivors move strongly forward.
In this new Opalesque Roundtable, the participating hedge fund managers and hedge fund investors elaborate on:
· How did some of the largest UK hedge fund operations fare during 2008?
· What changes were implemented thereafter?
· What are the opportunities hedge funds and their investors are focusing on right now?
· How to set up and use managed accounts?
· Will investors embrace UCITS 3 funds which are increasingly launched by alternative asset management firms?
· The Pros and Cons of being a public hedge fund manager
· How do U.K.-based managers react to the AIFM Directive?
· With personal income taxes reaching 50%, who will be migrating to Switzerland?
The 2009 Opalesque U.K. Roundtable can be downloaded here:
All other previously published Opalesque Roundtable Scripts can be accessed here:
Matthias Knab, Director of Opalesque Ltd, moderates the Opalesque Roundtables. Matthias Knab is an internationally recognized expert on hedge funds and alternatives.
In 2003, with the publication of its daily Alternative Market Briefing, Opalesque successfully launched an information revolution in the hedge fund media space: "Opalesque changed the world by bringing transparency where there was opacity and by delivering an accurate professional reporting service." - Nigel Blanchard, Culross. This hybrid financial news service, which combines proprietary industry news stories and filtered third party reports, has been credited by many industry insiders with delivering precise, accurate, and vital information to a notoriously guarded audience.
Each week, Opalesque publications are read by more than 600,000 industry professionals in over 160 countries. Opalesque is the only daily hedge fund publisher which is actually read by the elite managers themselves (http://www.opalesque.com/op_testimonials.html).