Raleigh, NC, November 22, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Nancy McFarlane, president of MedPro Rx, Inc. (www.medprorx.com), a provider of specialty pharmacy services to clients with chronic illnesses who need clotting factor, IVIg and other medication, has announced that the pharmacy was the leading fund-raiser for the 2009 N.C. Hemophilia Walk held on Oct. 17. MedPro Rx, a local presenting sponsor, registered 67 people for a total of more than $7,800 raised. This was the second year in a row that MedPro Rx, Inc. was the top fund-raising team for the event. The Hemophilia Walk is the National Hemophilia Foundation’s largest event dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for bleeding and clotting disorders, and to prevent the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research. Participants raise money, locally and nationally, for crucial research, advocacy and education.
“The North Carolina Hemophilia Walk has remained an incredible way to increase awareness of bleeding disorders,” said McFarlane. ”Being able to participate in the Hemophilia Foundation on Walk Day is an exciting and rewarding way to continue to show support for bleeding disorder research.”
- MedPro Rx’s 2009 theme of “Marching for the Cause” featured CHILLY, a young penguin boy with hemophilia.
- As a presenting sponsor, MedPro Rx rented a shelter at the Lake Crabtree County Park to honor its clients and families with additional fun-filled activities, snacks and prizes.
- MedPro Rx was one of three local presenting sponsors.
- Special awards were given out by MedPro Rx, Inc. to members of its client families for the person who raised the most money, traveled the longest distance for the event, had the most family members present, and signed up the most volunteers for the event.
- In 2008, MedPro Rx raised more than $6,200 for the N.C. Hemophilia Walk.
About MedPro Rx, INC:
MedPro Rx, Inc. is a specialty infusion pharmacy providing infused and injectable medications and services to clients with chronic illnesses since 2002. With more than 100 years of combined pharmacy, nursing and management experience, MedPro Rx is dedicated to improving the overall outcomes of the client therapy experience. As an Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Inc. provider (ACHC), MedPro Rx. emphasizes on treatments for individuals with rare bleeding disorders such as hemophilia, vWD and other complex chronic conditions. In 2008, MedPro Rx was recognized as the fastest-growing privately held company in the region by the Triangle Area Fast 50. For more information or to receive a free consultation and health insurance evaluation, please call (888) 571-3100 or visit www.medprorx.com.
MMI Public Relations