Miami, FL, December 03, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Medimix International (www.medimix.net) has developed and is announcing the launch of ScanBuzz™, the first platform for life sciences companies to monitor online mentions of their brands and products in the social networking arena. With the increased number of physicians and patients sharing their experiences online, Scanbuzz™ allows the industry to discover, listen, and manage feedback and develop relations with social network users.
From forums to blogs, social networks to multimedia sharing websites, Twitter to YouTube, and more, ScanBuzz™ uncovers online conversations and gives companies the tools to track, analyze, manage, monitor, and report on their social media engagement activities.
As more users openly discuss drugs and healthcare issues, social media increasingly affects all the processes within the enterprise, including marketing, public relations, customer support, product development, competitive intelligence, as well as legal and medical. ScanBuzz™ helps life sciences companies discover and listen to what healthcare professionals and patients are saying about them and to act on these mentions.
With Scanbuzz™, Medimix International currently tracks the top 200 pharmaceutical products and 100 corporate brands. Scanbuzz™ tracks in a variety of therapeutic areas from oncology to respiratory, CNS, diabetes and endocrinology. Clients can also monitor their own choice of brands, disease or conditions, therapeutic areas, or any concept they are interested in.
"For the first time ever, drug manufacturers have the opportunity to monitor the word-of-mouth happening among patients, or between patients and healthcare professionals. Customers are now more vocal and accessible than ever before, and life sciences companies must address the new expectations and needs of the social physician and patient. ScanBuzz™ equips pharmaceutical teams with essential social media listening, management and reporting capabilities," says Henry Gazay, CEO of Medimix international.
For example, Scanbuzz™ uncovered that the amount of online discussions on a particular oncology product increased five-fold during the ESMO conference last September, which gave the manufacturer of the drug an immediate indication about their Return on Investment (ROI) at this congress. Also, on the day when the Pfizer-Wyeth merger became effective (October 15th, 2009)Scanbuzz™ recorded a four-fold surge in buzz about Wyeth, with patients and employees tweeting their concerns about the merger, and financial traders blogging about the impact it would have on the short to mid-term value of Pfizer’s stock.
"With Scanbuzz™ drug manufacturers are able to provide new levels of satisfaction and service by listening to their customers online and responding to them. They can also set alerts to help them anticipate competitors’ moves, prevent crises and track rumors," remarks Alex de Carvalho, Social Media Director at Medimix International, and co-developer of Scanbuzz™.
The ScanBuzz™ platform provides Life Sciences companies with the following:
• Marketing teams have access to more pertinent information about their customers through their online discussions
• Marketing Research departments can monitor daily the number of comments posted about their brands or their competitors in blogs, forums and social networking sites
• Sales teams can identify and meet prospective, influential physicians, reducing the overall cost of qualified leads
• Medical support teams can proactively respond to patients, based on a better understanding of their issues
• Public relations, advertising and communications teams understand new contexts for their outreach activities
• Community management teams can measure and evaluate the types of social media platforms and communities that are most effective in generating influential word-of-mouth.
• Investors can anticipate the impact of recent news, such as results of clinical trials or announcements of M&A.
Scanbuzz™ is available through a small monthly subscription fee, based on the number of simultaneous users and the number of brands tracked.
For more information about ScanBuzz's capabilities contact Kathryn McAdam, Executive Communications at Medimix International : email@example.com